Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 13-09-2011

Unable to remove Searchqu homepage on Mozilla firefox 6

I got Searchqu homepage on my web browser. I am using Mozilla Firefox. I have a Windows XP system. I am not able to get rid of this Searchqu homepage. I had tried many things but nothing is working. What should I do here. It looks like some kind of malware. I had tried many things here. I am automatically redirected to different sites which web surfing.
Old 13-09-2011

This is a malware. It is not easy to get rid of this thing manually. You have to use a good anti-malware. One thing you can do is go in Control Panel > Add/Remove Program. Just look for Searchqu homepage and uninstall the same. That will be more than enough to fix the issue. Still get a good antivirus and scan your system under safe mode. Searchqu is a very nasty malware. I think scanning will remove the files and make your system more stable.
Old 14-09-2011

The manual process for removing this is time consuming. You have to remove it from various location. It is also installed like a add-on in your web browser. You have to get rid of the same one by one. You have to go Add-on section of each and every browser installed in your system and from there you have to remove it. You can also remove the default web browser. If possible try to re-install the web browser to completely remove it.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , , , , , , ,