Thread: unable to save resume file in Torrent

unable to save resume file in Torrent

Hello,

I have a little problem with my Bit torrent file, when i download any torrent and start downloading it.It works fine until I stop downloading it, when i resume for that same file after 1 or 2 days later it gives me an error suggesting that unable to save resume file, I can't complete the download for that file and because of which earlier downloaded size of the same file go waste. please help what is this and how do i resolve that issue.

thanks in Advance.

Re: unable to save resume file in Torrent

You can Check for folder %appdata%\utorrent, you can find the files such as resume.dat and settings.dat .I will also provide you other option, download a copy of Windows PE, burn it onto a CD, then once you have the copy of the file reboot on that, and you may run scandisk from there.

Or else If you are able to save modifications for resume.dat, and then check for the read/write permissions of this file and its containing respective folder. (right click > properties > security tab). Modify them if necessary.

you need to create two blank files named "settings.dat" and "resume.dat" and that would be without quotes in the same folder you need to save utorrent.exe. But before that you need to confirm whether Windows is not hiding the file extension when creating the file (Please go to Explorer window, Tools -> Folder Options -> View, uncheck there you will find "Hide extensions for known file types", hit OK)

But It will be difficult to find all that files in uTorrent.exe folder. but i found that file in the following location:
    c:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\Application Data\Resume.dat.old

This may also happen that file hosted on the torrent server may available only for limited time, if you are able to download within that time you will get the bread-butter otherwise you have to loose the previously downloaded size, if this would be possibility then no could help,you have to download that that one single time..

I think I have the same problem.. I can download just fine, it's when I close and open again it all gets messed up. Whatever I am downloading gets lost. I have to find the file again and start the download.. it goes to check so I don't actually lose anything, but it's starting to get to me having to look up files over and over again.. Hope someone can help. I've seen the tips here and the files are all where they're supposed to be..

You need to put Location of .torrents. Store .torrents in sets the location that BitTorrent Mainline should save .torrent files to. By default, BitTorrent Mainline will save these files to the settings directory. Check and reply

Just head to the location, and then delete everything in this folder (%APPDATA%/uTorrent). Do not forget to make everything to be visible (Tools > Folder Options > View > Show all hidden files and folders)
    According to me I think the error is because you do not have sufficient space on the partition where you are trying to save the file. So just check where you are saving the file. After removing the files from %APPDATA%/uTorrent. You have to reconfigure uTorrent. I think this will solve your problem.

So what I did was uninstall the whole thing and then installing again.. that solved the prob just fine.. now I have a yellow warning that I can't get rid of.. downloading is not easy right now.. and please people explain like you would to a child.. i know puters okay, but not as good as the rest of you I would think Have a wonderful day

unable to download torrent file struck at 99.5% whilr downloading ghost rider 2 plzz... help me out guyzzz.... is there any solution..