Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2011

combo unit that will copy VHS protected tapes to DVD and DVR (cable box) to DVD

Is anyone aware of a combo unit that will copy VHS protected tapes to DVD and DVR (cable box) to DVD ? I OWN many old tapes that I want to preserve onto DVD - and most combo recorders can't get past the VHS tape (Macrovision?) copy protection. I'm not doing anything illegal - I purchased ALL of these VHS tapes want to make a copy for myself.
Old 12-09-2011

Re: combo unit that will copy VHS protected tapes to DVD and DVR (cable box) to DVD

You mean you want a software that can copy VHS protected tapes to DVD and DVR (cable box) to DVD. In that case, download DVD Red PRO software that will let you copy & capture any Protected VHS and DVD to DVD, VHS, PC. All protection types like the ACP - "Analog Copy Protection" (sometimes referred as Macrovision Levels 1,2,3) which includes Automatic Gain Control (AGC) and Color stripe and many more are easily removed by the DVD Red PRO software, download it by searching in on google.
Old 12-09-2011
Curra

Re: combo unit that will copy VHS protected tapes to DVD and DVR (cable box) to DVD

To the best of my knowledge the protection is on the tape and the DVD recorder senses the protetction and refuses to copy it.
Now, the trick is to get something (GREX video stabilizer- call it what you will) in between the video output of the VCR and the video input of the DVD.
Old 13-09-2011

From all my readings I found out that you will need to google or search eBay for DIGITAL VIDEO STABILIZER and you should find a black box device for $20 - $25 that will allow you to make DVD copies from copy protected VHS sources (but not DVDs). Some user was able to do it on his LiteOn 1107 recorder and it worked for him pretty fine.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , , , ,