Thread: How to Sort bookmarks by name in Google Chrome 13

How to Sort bookmarks by name in Google Chrome 13

I actually like the latest Bookmarks menu within Chrome 13 except I want to sort bookmarks by name by the use of right-click menu. Is this thing possible in this new version of Google Chrome?

Re: How to Sort bookmarks by name in Google Chrome 13

Recently I switched to Chrome as their primary browser on all my computers. One of the features I miss in Firefox is that of 'sorting of bookmarks (the context menu that opens when you click on a bookmark folder and choose "Sort by name"). After having tried this feature on Chrome, I discovered that the ability to sort bookmarks by name on Chrome is also possible, however, the mode of use is a little 'different.

To sort your bookmarks, open the bookmark manager and open the folder with the bookmarks you want to order. From the top menu, "Manage", choose "Sort by title."

The bookmarks of the selected folder will coordinated by title of the web page saved as a bookmark.

You go to the bookmark manager (ctrl + shift + B), you click on top of the folder where you would like your bookmarks are stored via name and afterward you go to the preference of the window "organize" = > "Reorder by title."

The "sort" is currently in beta and the dev channels, not in the stable version of Chrome. To qualify you have to change channel and switch to beta. It then receives the advanced version.

Google does not appear to sort bookmarks or feeds in alphabetical order. It looks more like an ASCII sort order, the names of favorites or flow starting with accented letters like "A" or "C" are found after the letter "Z" instead of after "A" and "C "respectively. No respect for the language selected

However I have the answer to your problem! Right-click an empty space on the bookmarks bar, then click on Manager Favorites. All your favorites and select click Organize and then click Sort by name at the bottom of the list. The result is immediate!

I set to "Bar Favorites", and sorting will be done on the names of these files and not on what it contains ... I am compelled by this method to move the sub folders one by one

I really like Google chrome, but there is something I cannot find, if at least possible, ie view bookmarks in alphabetical order.

I have a second thing that bothers me in Google chrome is when we want to add a favorite, you are given the choice of modifier, and therefore one cannot be favorites in one place, sometimes I ' would like to place it in two different folder, because after a while I sometimes difficult to remember, or I put too long to explain here, finally I try, I have a link that talks about the allergy, I put it in the dossier health, but it is also medicine paralleled and therefore I would also place it in a more specific case, but unless I did not understand, I can only put one place.