Thread: Downgrade to Chrome 12 from Chrome 13 without losing everything

Downgrade to Chrome 12 from Chrome 13 without losing everything

I have recently upgraded to Google Chrome v13. After the upgrade I found that it has several bugs and issues. The main thing is about the print preview, which is unwanted. Furthermore I am not able to play normal games online because the browser crashes even with the latest flash installed. I didn’t see this kind of issue in Internet Explorer. Java has also messed up. So I would like to downgrade toward the chrome 13 without losing anything. How can I do this?

Re: Downgrade to Chrome 12 from Chrome 13 without losing everything

Well, what am I annoyed by the current developer version of Google Chrome. Not at all. Hangers, non-functionality and much more. Well, sure it's a developer version. So I had to be able to work productively on downgrade, either the developer version on the beta version, or just use Portable Google Chrome. I opted for the downgrade. It's all done quickly, if you know where to find the various versions come.

First of you need to remove or delete or may be uninstall the Chrome 13 and then install Chrome 12. Before installing make a backup of the folder / Library / Application Support / Google / Chrome.

Sometimes it is not possible to downgrade without deleting all previous settings, bookmarks and extensions. This is due to the sometimes different files in the Chrome folder. This time it worked, because there are no differences between the versions.

The new version is faster and safer, correcting some flaws. It also contains the new version of the Adobe Flash Player. May I know you do not like? Just out of curiosity. However, the answer is no. If you find an old setup of the version 5 cannot. With regard to just disable the automatic update process at startup. Should be called "Google Updater" or something like that.