Thread: Google Chrome 13 installed on Mac OS X Lion not showing Google Web Fonts

Google Chrome 13 installed on Mac OS X Lion not showing Google Web Fonts

Google Chrome 13 is now running in my Mac OS. Demand is made to Google Web Fonts API nevertheless Google Chrome as well as Firefox 5 moves to next font during the chain meant for the CSS law being applied. Font is not installed on top of the system. Display is accurate in every one of additional browsers.

Re: Google Chrome 13 installed on Mac OS X Lion not showing Google Web Fonts

Apart from the channel output to channel beta stable distribution Chrome, you will not find anything in this stunning new version that fixes some bugs and build on the achievements of development versions to offer better support of HTML5 (geolocation API , cache management, web sockets, drag and drop files) and data synchronization between multiple computers browser. The first stable version for Mac is still not using the Flash plug-in integrated into the browser (read: Back to Chrome and its integrated plug-ins). Note that Linux has the right to equal treatment and the first "final" version of Chrome 5.

A beta is a test version. Trial versions contain errors. In this case it has not much sense to report errors elsewhere than at Google. By installing a beta signs up yourself, in fact, as a tester. So, do your work, and give feedback to Google about this error. Chrome has established a special button for giving feedback.

With the Google Web fonts you have the possibility of a whole series of writings on your web site to use, without you this on your own server or upload via a font-face kit.

You just have to embed the necessary fonts for your design and font styles on a piece of code. Once your website is called, the fonts are loaded by the use of the Google servers. With the help of Google and Typekit developed Web Font Loader (a JavaScript library) may influence the charging behavior of your writings even more targeted.

A major advantage of web fonts, especially compared to the use of images is thus improved the load time. Also can be used easily with the Web fonts a much wider variety of fonts, and even modern CSS3 properties (like text-shadow and gradients) can be used.

I had thought about but not yet arrived. I use no suitcase, but Font Agent. I had hoped that the font settings of Chrome could solve. Seems to me that it is a problem of Chrome, because it really only occurs while problem.

I have a "problem" and the truth is somewhat ironic, since the site changed fonts a month ago with Google WebFonts, and it happens to the typography of titles blidgets not seen in Google Chrome! In all other browsers do, but it becomes ridiculous that using Google WebFonts not see in Google Chrome

Typography on the Web is getting stronger. Google adds extra fonts to his repertoire Font Google Directory which now has about 60 typos ready to use with Google Font API . This good news of the arrival of Font Previewer for Google Chrome. This extension will allow you to choose among the available fonts typography and make adjustments (size, style, fat, shadow, snack, etc.). It remains to copy and paste the code provided by Google Font Previewer to make your pages more beautiful

Since it is out of beta for Mac, Google Chrome has turn out to be my browser by default. I find it intuitive and fast are literally in love with the address bar with integrated search. From one week after certain operations on the font that I made on my MacBook I'm having difficulty viewing sites that use the font Verdana

Personally, I solved by deleting and reinstalling the fonts that gave problems paying attention to the various folders where you have the system fonts.

Those who decide to use the Google API Font will ensure compatibility with multiple browsers for any of the letter fonts in your library. All these sources have the advantages of an ordinary text:
    • They behave like normal text, no canvas or other objects.
    • Readable and indexable for search engines.
    • Visually attractive and without loss of quality when zooming.
    • Accessible to all kinds of screen readers.
    • Quick to load the sources.

To make matters worse, browsers "obsolete" as Internet Explorer 6 will be fully supported by Google Font API without any hack apparently, canvas or derivatives.

While still in beta, as a web designer I find it really interesting that we can finally begin to consider using sources other than the usual letter, giving greater strength to our designs without hacks, or images on cheap tricks instead of text.

I thought it was a very great idea that will be open to designers to contribute to the library in the coming weeks and probably will not stop growing.

While it may seem a problem, the fact that you stay all in Google's servers will allow us to display the letter fonts much faster either by the speed with which they serve or the cache that will accumulate as we visit more sites using this method.