Thread: Google Chrome 13, application shortcuts are not showing up in the taskbar

Google Chrome 13, application shortcuts are not showing up in the taskbar

I am using Google Chrome 13 and I have an issue with this browser. The application shortcuts, that I create by clicking on tools and then create application shortcut, are not showing up in the task bar of the Google chrome. This was not happening when I was using the previous version of Google chrome. But after I made update to chrome 13 I am getting this issue. The operating system on which I am running Chrome 13 is Ubuntu Natty 11.04 Linux. I want to know that if there is anyone else who has find this issue in chrome13 and if it is with everyone then I think this is the bug in the Google Chrome13.

Re: Google Chrome 13, application shortcuts are not showing up in the taskbar

I am also having exactly same problem with my google chrome 13. Application shortcuts that I have created are not showing up in the taskbar. I think it is really a big UI waning because, I always want to see my Gmail and calendar windows there because otherwise they get mixed with the ocean of different browser windows. I am also using Ubuntu Natty Linux. If anyone has the fix for this issue then please reply with your solution.

I am not using Google chrome 13 but I can suggest you that you should try to uninstall and then reinstall your chrome browser and if this doesn’t solves your problem then just install the previous version of Google chrome, as you were saying that it was working fine in the previous version.

I am also using Google chrome 13, and I can also see this issue in my chrome browser frome the time I updated it to chrome 13. I think they have removed this great feature from this version. I am running chrome on Ubuntu 10.10 and the desktop environment is Gnome 2.32.0. If I can get any fix for this then I will feel better.

This was the problem with everyone who was using Google chrome 13. Icons for the application shortcuts were not showing up. It was the issue with the browser not your computer setup. However, now you can get relaxed as now this issue has been fixed in the Chrome 14 beta. So, if you want to use that essential feature again then just upgrade to Chrome 14 beta and then you can see the application shortcuts that you will create.