Thread: How do I change Chrome settings After uninstalling Orbit downloader so it's no longer the defaul download app

How do I change Chrome settings After uninstalling Orbit downloader so it's no longer the defaul download app

I am using Google chrome 13 and i have currently installed some useless applications just to check them out and now i am willing to delete this applications but i am not getting a way to delete them out in the earlier versions of the Chrome i used to click on the little arrow which use to appear automatically and when used to bring the mouse pointer over the applications which i wanted to delete,I used to get an uninstall option as well but i a m not finding the same in chrome 13.Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

re: How do I change Chrome settings After uninstalling Orbit downloader so it's no longer the defaul download app

Uninstalling any application that you don't want is quite easy just check out for the new tab page hover it will appear on the right side and then just take your mouse pointer to the top corner of icon and now you will be able to see ‘settings’ icon after you get the settings icon click on it and you will get an an uninstall button simply click on that button any you will be very well able to get that particular application out from the Google chrome.Hope mu suggestions would work for you

re: How do I change Chrome settings After uninstalling Orbit downloader so it's no longer the defaul download app

I think your your Google Chrome must be having a custom theme installed on it and if your answer is yes than you might have to revert back to your default theme and to that just go in to on the setting and then click on the 'options' after that just click on the 'Personal Stuff' and then Reset it to the default theme,after doing this take your mouse pointer over the Application that you are willing to delete and then click the 'x' which will be appearing on the right side and after you click on it,it will disappear but unwillingly you will lose your theme as well but you can reinstall it once you have completed this process.Hope it works for you.

I have uninstalled Orbit but i don't know why the Google Chrome continues to turn the Orbit to download files.As i have uninstalled the orbit and it is no longer there the files are not able to get download.I don't know what is this problem all about I have checked in Chrome's "options" menu in order to change the downloading application but i have not came across any kind of such options yet.Any one who can help me sort out this with their suggestions will be highly appreciated.

As far as per my knowledge the uninstaller does not always clean up the uninstalled application so don't worry and follow the below solution:
    If you are using Windows 7 then just go to the Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\plugins and delete the nporbit.dll and if you are using windows xp then just go to C:\Documents and Settings\yourusername\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\Plugins and delete nporbit.dll.Hope following this solution will solve your problem.

This is not such a big issue what you have to do is just go to your application and then just right click on the application that you are willing to remove or uninstall,You will get an option uninstall after getting the uninstall option just click on "Uninstall" and by doing this you will not loose anything then just the application you wanted to uninstall.Hope this solution will be able to solve your problem.