Thread: Using VOIP phone instead of landline

Using VOIP phone instead of landline

I am using landline phone connection of mtnl since many years. My monthly bill comes up around 800 rupees. The rental is 500 rupees which I have to pay every month. I don’t see any sense in paying this. I have heard that people are using voip service these days. It saves money so even I would like to go for this one. Is it possible to switch to a VOIP and keep the same number? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: Using VOIP phone instead of landline

I would suggest you to go for the Vonage. I have been using it since many years. The best part is that you can have your same old number functioning. But I think that is there some legal issues with using an ATA in India. In America you can use it very easily. Voyage is a best non ISP option. So I would recommend you to go for this one.

You can use I've been using Google voice. google doesn't send names for caller id so you only get the phone number. You have to use an adapter for this. The adapter costs around $50 and GV is free for US calling.

My friend was using Vonage voip service. And let me tell you that he really got so fed up that he had to get off the service. The charge a lot as my friend told. If you want to have it then you will have to pay $15 a month for like 3 or 6 months and then you have to pay around $25/month. Definitely it saves a lot of money as compared to the landline.

VOIP providers are much cheaper. I would suggest you to search more on the details related to this on the internet. You can google around the internet and search in the search box. You will find many searches

I am using voip.ms as my provider. I have combined it with Linksys PAP2T and let me tell you that it works great without any problems. it is very easy to configure even if you are not an technical or much of hardware person. There are some interesting applications that can be produced. I don’t have to pay a lot of amount instead I just have to pay an amount of 5 to 6 dollars per month. Which I think is quite reasonable.

I would suggest you to go for the PhonePower. Phone Power VoiceMail Viewer will allow you to view and listen to your voicemails through your My Account portal. It is as simple as hive you are having a look on your email. So I would suggest you that.

I use phonepower and it has some good features. You must go for this one. Few features of phonepower are listed below.
    • Keep Your Number or Request a New One
    • No Activation Fee
    • NO Contract
    • FREE Equipment Lease
    • All Features Included
    • Incredibly Low International Rates

Vonage voip service is best because it is very cheap. Just check on internet regarding this, you will get more information which would be accurate and not rumours. I have used it and I think I used to pay just 37 dollars. But for other reasons I am not using it anymore.

ChyrillStucker Guest

Hi Ham,

I am also using VoIP services for my small scale business. VoIP technology has really benefited me terms of cost savings and latest phone features.

I have been using VoIP services from The Real PBX. The experience has been great so far. You may check with them.