Thread: Unable to create account in steam, stuck at creating account

Unable to create account in steam, stuck at creating account

As I saw many reviews of Team fortress 2, it appeared to be a nice game so I thought I should download and play Team fortress 2 and I thought I can buy it via steam. So I downloaded and installed steam on my Computer. But, now I am stuck at creating account. It is not even letting me to close that window. I am not able to understand what may be the problem. If anyone knows how to fix this issue then please reply.

Re: Unable to create account in steam, stuck at creating account

I will suggest you to first check your internet connection. And as far as I remembered, I think steam requires email activation also. So once go to your inbox and check for steam’s email also. And if nothing works then you have no option other than reinstalling steam.

First make sure that the steam client that you have downloaded is of most recent version. Also don’t forget to check your email inbox for an email from steam which will ask you to follow a link in order to validate your steam account. And I think you are creating account on their website and it may also be a website bug or a server issue and if it is so then it will be fixed probably very soon. It also possible that the bug is with the client and if it so they will probably fix it within a day. Steam can have some bugs as it is not always a most reliable application, but it is great due to several other reasons.

I also had the same problem once. I was got stuck after entering my email address along with my new username and pwd. But I managed to fix that problem, so will suggest you to do the same thing that I did. First, close the steam application using task manager which you can open using ctrl+alt+del. After that go to your email account and check for the email by steam and then verify your email address by following the provided link. After that, again go to steam website and log on using your username and password. When I did it, first time it said that there is a problem verifying my email account but when I logged out and again logged in then I saw that the problem was fixed. Try this. It should work for sure.

I tried the above solution and it worked for me. Thanks for your help. Now I can buy Team Fortress 2. I am also thinking to buy some other games. If you know any better game, then you can suggest me with their names.