Thread: How to Turn Off, Disable Google Instant Search

How to Turn Off, Disable Google Instant Search

Hello friends, I have installed the google toolbar in my Firefox browser and I do not like the Google Instant Search feature in that. Can you tell me some way by which I will be able to disable the Google Instant Search? Thank you so much in advance.

Re: How to Turn Off, Disable Google Instant Search

I would like to tell you that Google Instant is being rolled out as well as will turn out to be accessible to users. As through each major change there are users who do not desire to utilize the fresh feature. Some of the reasons for disabling Google Instant might be the extra bandwidth requirements, otherwise that Google Search has turn into “to fast” for the eyes.

There is one way to do that and that is when you search for something then you will get the link “Instant is on” on the result page. If you click on that then it will open a new menu which is having the option from which you will be able to switch Instant on or off. I hope that this will be helpful for you.

Thank you so much for your reply on this but I have already tried this but that was not working for me. Please give me some other solution for this.

There is one more option to do that and that is accessible from the Settings through the Settings link from the upper right corner of screen. It seems as if users require to be logged to a Google account earlier than the Google Instant setting turn out to be visible. In order to disable Google Instant, users require to switch the setting from Use Google Instant – predictions and results appear while typing to do not use Google Instant. This can help you.

There is one more thread like this which I found on this site. Below is the link for that. You can go through this once and see if any of the given suggestions helps you in any of the possible ways.

How can I disable instant search on Google

Just go to the www.google.com and from there you will have to click o the “Settings" which is there at the top right corner. After this, just scroll down till you get the "Google Instant" and choose the button that says "Do not use Google Instant." Now go to the bottom of the page and from there click on the "Save Preferences" and this will do the work for you.