Thread: Silverlight Plugin for Internet Explorer 9 to play Netflix on Windows 7 64bit systems

Silverlight Plugin for Internet Explorer 9 to play Netflix on Windows 7 64bit systems

Right now I am looking for plug in substitute intended for silverlight with the intention that I can actually play netflix on the spot movies on top of my Windows 7 64 bit system? Otherwise am I doomed to not at all be capable to make use of Netflix instant play?

Re: Silverlight Plugin for Internet Explorer 9 to play Netflix on Windows 7 64bit systems

The Silverlight plug-in makes your web browser fit to run Silverlight apps inside Web pages. Silverlight is Microsoft's contestant to Adobe Flash plus offers interactive apps, vector graphics, audio in addition to video are supported within the browser.

Re: Silverlight Plugin for Internet Explorer 9 to play Netflix on Windows 7 64bit systems

Internet Explorer 9 is available for download as a release candidate and can be downloaded from. In this first appointment of the new Microsoft browser study we will focus on interoperability and standards support. Then the news will be described with HTML5 possible, and will also discuss the future of Silverlight plug-in intended for a scenario in which the new HTML5 tag allows native integration of multimedia content in Web pages. There will be space to discuss the CSS3 and SVG support, other important new features of Internet Explorer 9.

Silverlight was installed but did not work. What you put on the Microsoft Silverlight site easy to see. Install the free plug-in "you know that Silverlight does not work. In my case the reason was simple: I turned in a 64-bit version of Internet Explorer ... and there is no 64-bit Silverlight plug-in.

The issue of enrichment html with Silverlight or Flash plug-in is very important. Consider one important detail: the specifications of the Web evolve at a rate closely related to the standardization process, while the development of plug-in is a process much faster.

Microsoft will continue to exist for both approaches. The html will be enriched with new features of HTML5 specification, even if the plug-in you can always do more and this will be more standardized and integrated with time specifications. Also, consider also as plug-ins allow the browser to extend the operation even on a specific platform. Today there is a multitude of devices and very often the plug-ins can extend the browser to use the device by adding specific functionality than what is possible only by the observance of standards. In fact today the possibilities offered by SVG and HTML 5 video tag, or canvas are high.

Silverlight works also on a 64-bit OS, but only a 32-bit browser. Often you as a user do not realize that a 32-bit browser. Only when the 64-bit version of Internet Explorer starts, you will notice that Silverlight does not work. Even with the latest updates. Only in Silverlight is five supporting 64-bit promised,

In recent weeks we have discussed often in Silverlight, the controversial Rich Internet Applications (RIAs) for Microsoft. Although yesterday was taken into the keynote by Scott Guthrie to Firestarter, the future remains uncertain framework of rumors about the Xbox 360 and support for HTML5 in Internet Explorer 9. On the other hand have emerged more about Silverlight 5. Whatever the target Silverlight 5, the upgrade will involve first of all browsers and applications support 64-bit. So far, the RIA could be installed on the architecture of Microsoft, but the execution drew WoW64 infrastructure that is multi-library 32-bits. Although this may seem odd, the native 64-bit was guaranteed only by Moonlight (Silverlight for Linux porting).

As for the video tag of IE9, for the first time in HTML5 is a specification that has achieved a high degree of maturity and the ability to use video content using HTML markup directly from the browser, without plug-ins. Microsoft decided that IE9 can easily implement different native H.264 codec offering.

I encompass a gateway laptop, plus at the underneath it had a task bar that for all time asked i sought to put out of action my add-ons to build the PC run quicker. It makes that that's why my netflix wasn't functioning. While I went beneath options on that task bar and allowed add-ons netflix worked flawlessly.

I have mixed results on the topic.

1) Why did Netflix swithc from java streaming to silverlight several years ago? maybe decisions at the top were based on sexual favors or money deals nevertheless it was not required unless if customers who owned DVR's could record movies or had better abilities to pan forward or reverse during a movie.

2) Did Microsoft release more silverlight updates via windows update in the past couple years than there are topics on the common cold? YES!

3) Did most users experience the reduntent install loop of silverlight over and over and finally hide the SOB? YES!

4) silverlight pathetic as it is a day late and a dollar short in the market place; weasels its way in to many serverfarms due to influence regardless, do they need to be shot yes but oh well.

Now my situation. I can view Netflix on a win7 Starter Home Premium x86 installed on a Netbook via IE9.

Will not work on win7 64bit or 32bit OS's unless they are genuine and sometimes not working either. the 86x or 64x means absolutely nothing to the SL plugin.

My advice is, install google chrome jsut for netflix viewing its about 100meg of crap to watch netflix on that system in the bedroom. LOL yes it will work through that opensourced browser.

6) Why Can't microsoft put a finger on it and offer a fix when you are pushed over to a tech support email from Netflix? Answer is unknown in the decade LOL speculation; microsoft is too busy with so many other blunders they cant afford the research on the that topic with their own plugin on their own browser ; shakes head maybe win8 on the windows tablet has got them backed up against a wall trying to compete in the smart phone and tablet industry and they could care less to worry about plugins via IE on xbox, netflix etc... The media center aka windows live are very behind in knowlege and MOPS lets face it.

summary* just use chrome to watch netflix and forget about it. too many fools in the kitchen on that silverlight. You'be be happy you did and chalk this up as microsoft mystery number 1001 ffs!

just use google chrome via netflix and chalk it up as microsoft mystery number 1001 . you'll be happy you did they cant fix it casue there are too many fools in the kitchen also xbox and windows live team are busy with trying to solve word problems on public television dont' expect support there either. netflix switched to the awful plugin most likely cause the ceo's nephew works at microsoft live group. they should go back to the java streamer but whats done is done. will work on genuine copys of win7 86x or 64x all flavors with via IE. but if you ran accross the gazillion silverlight updates from 2 yrs ago via windows update and hid some forget it. no one on the planet can find the registry entries archived at this point. use chrome jsut for netflix viewing I know 100mg of junk jsut to watch that movie in the bedroom but it will work via silverlight. although ya think the plugin would work with IE since the bastards made both products but uhh we are talking about Microsoft nothing is for sure LOL