Thread: How to Mute/Unmute Audio in Google Chrome

How to Mute/Unmute Audio in Google Chrome

The Google chrome browser now is getting very much popularity and it is also the faster browser after all made by google. Yesterday I have seen a post on google chrome forums about the mute/un-mute audio in Chrome within Windows XP. One has posted a .bat file for this. Do you think that it is workable and can it be used with windows vista and windows 7?

Re: How to Mute/Unmute Audio in Google Chrome

A single window cannot remove, but you can mute the browser without muting the whole team is simple, at the bottom right of the screen of your PC is an icon that shows the volume of equipment, we das click there and when are you going to lower or raise the volume, but envez of esodas click mixer, and there will appear all the things that generate programs or sound, there you can customize you want it to sound and not.... You must have your browser open and that it sounds a page, type YouTube or something

I'm studying that pump a lot of time, I'm not necessarily very good at computers, but actually I'm not rotten either. Delving into the options is within reach of anybody. It's not like handling the bios or replaces a cooler (and even then when I am cornered I will do only as a major). People who do not know the difference between the Internet and a web browser, or the difference between an OS and Windows, well for me these are people who will not learn! I've understood you correctly, you hear outside of Chrome, but it is the only audio problems while browsing with Chrome? Strange, never heard of. Perhaps a plug-in for Chrome was responsible.

Some sounds cannot be because they are flash, others yes they are videos and you can stop or mute. Beneath the toolbar, then right click on the volume mixer and turn off Google Chrome If you do not see Google chrome on chrome you must activate the audio when I watch a video or listening to music.

I have more information, the error is not chrome, I mean. if I open the music player (rhythm box) rather than chrome, I'm no audio in chrome. if I do it backwards, I'm no audio on the player (the bar of the song does not progress). I think this narrows quite the problem, but I do not see the logic, since everything else works fine...
    Right click the sound icon in the taskbar then "Playback devices" and you choose your helmet as default devices. If you want to get just the sound of chromium in your helmet I think that's possible, but for a usb headset it may be possible I do not know.

Do not think that was killed by a simple lowering of the volume in the mixer the sound of Chrome. As must have happened more. Perhaps running an application that exclusive access to the soundcard? But then no other program is more likely a tone can lead to the card.
    Solution uninstall manually and do not remember how to do the flash player, Google a bit and reinstall the flash from adobe browser, if you have other browsers with the Flash also have to manually uninstall or do nothing, repeat the operation until it works, speaking out Chrome has a big bug with the Flash plugin and in a year or so that has not been fixed, and the worst is that besides loads of other flash plugins FF and IE browsers e.g. all begin to malfunction.