Thread: Google translate hover function works in Internet Explorer but doesn’t works any longer in Chrome

Google translate hover function works in Internet Explorer but doesn’t works any longer in Chrome

I am using Chrome from very long time but never faced this problem. I used to use the Google’s Translate hover function to translate entire web page in my language by copying the web page URL in the Google’s translate box and selecting the button keep original and then placing mouse over a portion of the text. But from past two weeks, I am not able to do so in Google Chrome as, hover function stop working. But, it is working quite well in Internet Explorer. If anyone knows about this problem then please reply.

Re: Google translate hover function works in Internet Explorer but doesn’t works any longer in Chrome

I am using Firefox and I also used to use the translate hover function in Firefox. And I am facing the same problem in my Firefox as well. I was working fine few weeks ago when I tried using it. I think this function is gone after Google updated the tool bar. Currently it showing the page in original language and do not show the translated text when I place the mouse over a portion of text content of website

Re: Google translate hover function works in Internet Explorer but doesn’t works any longer in Chrome

It seems, unfortunately, they have disabled mouse hovering translation. It was really a very useful function. Now it I get a message to get another translation, when I try to hover using my mouse. And as I was not able to so, I downloaded Google toolbar and then to translate a text, I copy paste it in my email and send it to my another email account and then I translate it using Google toolbar. This way I make hovering function to work but it is a bit annoying.

I don’t get what you said. As for mine case is concerned, hovering function is not working when translating a page even with Google toolbar.

I think Google chrome is altered now and hovering function which I was using is not available to me anymore. I can’t see the original text, It get to see another possible translations. It was not working in Firefox also but after restarting it suddenly it started working. But this was not the case with Google Chrome.

I like to add here that hover function started working again in my Google Chrome. And now it has enhanced with some features for translating Dutch to English. Also hover function has some more functionality. It really made me happy