Thread: RealPlayer not recording clips with Internet Explorer 9

RealPlayer not recording clips with Internet Explorer 9

See there is again some issues with the internet explorer 9. When I try to record some clips with the real player using the button bar on the bottom that does not record the clip at all. well the same is not the case when I am using the shortcut icon that can be seen from the main page. So what do you all have to say about this, so is this kind of bug or is there any permanent solution developed for the same. I need an answer from you all and make sure that you do answer it out for me on the same, I am sure you all guys must have experienced this kind of issues and also must have thought of some solution for the same to counter attack it do let me know what are the solutions that you have thought of, do let me know as soon as possible.

Re: RealPlayer not recording clips with Internet Explorer 9

Are you using the IE 64-bit? If yes then ActiveX Controls are not supported in that and hence that’s the reason why you are not able to record the videos using the IE9. So that is one simple reason why you are not able to record the videos. So hope this suggestion from my side was clear for you.

I would advise you to check out this version and then only go ahead with the viewi8ng of the videos. Now what I am saying is that there is a possibility that the version that you are using for the real player is not at all supported by the IE9 and hence that’s the reason why it is giving you so much issues. So hope you do understand what I want to say here. check out for the version and if possible do upgrade it to the latest version since internet explorer 9 does supports all the latest version. So I hope you do understand what I am saying here. that’s it from my side for you.

So will it work in the 32 bit version of the IE9? Any answers for this? Since you have mentioned at the top that the real player is not supported by the IE9 64 bit version and hence I am again asking you all is it supported by the 32 bit version, it will be great if you can answer this for me.

Yes it is supported but not the 64 bit version and that is what I want to say here. as such I have not ehar that macromedia has come up for any updates for the real player so I don’t think so there will be anything new in the stores for this coming year. So what I am expecting the 64 bit version will have to face some problems with that and have to look out for some other alternatives, so that the issues like these do get solved as soon as possible. I don’t know much about the flash player but eys some of my friends have actually said that flash does work really well with the IE9. Some confirmations from the officials are required for that. So lets hope for that and I am expecting that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by samualres View Post
    Are you using the IE 64-bit? If yes then ActiveX Controls are not supported in that and hence that’s the reason why you are not able to record the videos using the IE9. So that is one simple reason why you are not able to record the videos. So hope this suggestion from my side was clear for you.
    You have hit the bulls eye my friend well actually the issue is that it does work well with the 32 bit version and not the 64 bit version. The sad situation is that there has been no solution developed for the same. so that’s what I am warning you all about. So there is nothing much that can be done over here on this issue rather we must look out for some good alternatives t5hat can take the place of the real player that’s what I am thinking of.