Thread: Is it possible to add an RSS feed in Internet Explorer 9?

Is it possible to add an RSS feed in Internet Explorer 9?

I have noticed that adding an RSS feed in IE8 was so simple. So what I am saying is that can you all tell me what are the steps of adding the RSS in the IE9? Do anyone have any idea about the same then do let me know as soon as possible, that will be much better for me. so I hope you will do that for me. I did try searching some of the websites to get some solutions for the same but I was not able to do that at all. so start suggesting some methods or steps by which I will be able to do that. I know that you all must have got a good hand on IE9. So start helping me guys.

re: Is it possible to add an RSS feed in Internet Explorer 9?

Yes I agree that RSS feed is at the command bar and you will see that it is off by default. Just try and get it adjusted to the following way Alt - View - Toolbars - Command Bar and then do make the necessary changes. See if there is any changes by that, I know that will be the effective method for sure, don’t know if it will give you an effective solution for you or not.

Quote Originally Posted by rashmi_ay View Post
    Yes I agree that RSS feed is at the command bar and you will see that it is off by default. Just try and get it adjusted to the following way Alt - View - Toolbars - Command Bar and then do make the necessary changes. See if there is any changes by that, I know that will be the effective method for sure, don’t know if it will give you an effective solution for you or not.
    So are you saying this as a solution or are you having this problem. Frankly speaking I did not understand anything over here, so that’s why the question did arise in my mind regarding this, anyways I did not understand anything over here. well what you said was correct that RSS feed can be found in the command bar, so what, how to activate it. Guys this is serious I need a solution for this and I mean it. so it would be better if you could come up with some good solutions for the same. still the problem is still left unsolved I am sure some solution will come out here. so do get started with the same. you all guys are too experienced I do expect some better solution guys.

Just right side to the url bar or the address bar you will get to see the RSS feeds icon. So you will have to click on that so that you will be able to subscribe to that page. I don’t understand what was wrong in that post. Well Alt - View - Toolbars - Command Bar was the actual route by which you will be able to reach the RSS feed icon, now go and subscribe it, that’s it. it is off by default and you need to subscribe it, that’s what you need to do.

Well I have systematic step for you, so this is what you have to do
    1) Go to a particular site with the RSS support. Now type Alt+T so that you will be able to get the tools drop down menu.
    2) Well just below you will get to see Feed Discovery" selection ,there you will get to see supported feed option. Select it.
    3) The feed icon will appear now to subscribe to the page you will have to just select it and that’s it nothing else to do.
    4) You are done.
    So hope this suggestion does proves good for you, so that’s all from my side.

Quote Originally Posted by Rkhon View Post
    Well I have systematic step for you, so this is what you have to do
    1) Go to a particular site with the RSS support. Now type Alt+T so that you will be able to get the tools drop down menu.
    2) Well just below you will get to see Feed Discovery" selection ,there you will get to see supported feed option. Select it.
    3) The feed icon will appear now to subscribe to the page you will have to just select it and that’s it nothing else to do.
    4) You are done.
    So hope this suggestion does proves good for you, so that’s all from my side.
    Wow that’s what I was expecting and that worked for me wonders. So thanks a lot for all the suggestions that you have given here. it worked out perfectly well that I was hoping for and hence all the credit goes to you all guys for sorting the issue for me and hence thanks a lot guys. Really this solution proved well good for me.