Thread: Do we need to save open tabs or sessions while closing Internet Explorer 9?

Do we need to save open tabs or sessions while closing Internet Explorer 9?

I have a specific question in my mind, now what I am saying is that does the internet explorer 9 give the option of saving the tabs or does it closes on its own. I don’t have much idea about the same. also this is the first time I am going to switch to the Internet explorer 9 and hence I don’t have good knowledge on the same. some words from your side will be of good help for sure and hence I am seeking some help from you all on the same. so what do you all think about the tabs? Any good idea that you have on that then do let me know about the same. also if you have some good information about the special features of the browser then do highlight me on the same. it will be a good help for me.

Re: Do we need to save open tabs or sessions while closing Internet Explorer 9?

Yes you need to save all the tabs before closing the browser and that’s the answer for your question. Well this feature is much like the one that can be seen in the firefox browser and hence it is better to have a look at the same. if we talk about the features of this browser then let me inform you that it has got some fo the features that will help you in the long run it has got graphic enabled accelerator, plus new tabs for the favorites, unobtrusive notification bar, you will be able to organize your tabs properly, domain highlighting. So these are some of the features that you will like in the IE9. I think its time you sit up and have a good look at the new features and I am amazed that you still haven’t had a look at the browser go ahead and have a look at the new browser and tell me how is it.

Looking at the response that you have given here what I can conclude is that if there is a system crash or if there is a system reboot then what does that mean the browser will not recover at all. so what should eb done to tackle this issue, c’mon the 9th version has come up and still internet explorer has not come up with good recovery options for the page. So is there any permanent solution for the same.

Actually IE9 has the crash recovery option and that is for the each and every tabs. So that’s what I am saying here. Well if a particular tab crashes then it will not affect the browser at all. that’s what I am saying here. in IE9 if a tab crashes then that tab will be taken separately and all the tabs will be allowed to work so that’s a biggest feature of the IE9. Hope you did understand what I am saying here. as far as the recovery optiosn are concerned then ican say that I am not aware of that since I was said that it does saved all the tabs automatically and there is no need of manually saving it.

No that’s not the case at all. Well I have heard from many of my friends and I was just about to switch to the IE9 but now I am refraining from it and better thinking to go with the chrome or the opera 11. I think that will be a better option as considered to the other browsers that’s what I think and feel over here. Chrome and firefox both have thewe automatic recovery options and in fact firefox have implemented this feature in the version 3.6. so why haven’t microsft people not come up with this feature what should we do in the emergency situation where the power turns off on its own. So what to do then that’s a reallt pathetic scene created by the microstf people and they must put some brains and start developing some new features in the next update. This is what I want to say here.

I think so all of us over here must think of giving some feedback to the Microsoft people about this issue and tell them to get a fix for them as soon as possible that’s what I feel here. now why I am saying that is because if the Microsoft people do not come up with some good suggestions for the problem then it would be a real bad thing for all of us. So expect them to think on this and accordingly develop a solution for the same. how is this idea guys?

I am immediately shooting off a mail to the developers about this and I am surprised that after so many months of it releases nobody has not come up with this problem. It is really a sad situation in which we are and hence what I expect is that Microsoft people do turn up with some good suggestions.