Thread: How to disable address bar (Search the web for) at first entry?

How to disable address bar (Search the web for) at first entry?

I am very happy customer with opera 10.50 and can tell you that will not update since heard few bugs on the later version never mind but I have issue whit the version not that big but its keeps me annoyed while I first start this browser on my computer, everyday same problem and the problem is I don’t like the search as the default option for the address bar and if I want to search I will put “g” to my input and search unless its help me to complete my addresses for me . How can I get the old behavior which I use to prefer but now I have to hit the bottom arrow and then return I know this is not that big issue and it’s very easy to get use to it but still I am kind of set off with the option . I think there should be a way to configure opera there must be way for this also. Please guys I needed help for this

Re: How to disable address bar (Search the web for) at first entry?

Yeah I am too interrupted by this and I don’t understand why. I should be easily get use to but still whenever I stared my opera and see Search the web for in the address bar I get like what the hell is this such a cool interface and then there is a Search the web for come on guys find the fix for this waiting for the reply

One plus in your team I am so annoyed but I use Ctrl + Enter this make that Search the web for disappear and make full use of address bar may be this ease the pain a bit but personally I also wanted to turn it off from the option

I have temporary fix for this issue and its very simple
    • Create a new search entry call anything you want and set it to default
    • The address field for the entry should be %s in the middle of the address
    • And press ok ,

That’s it now when you type any site address just the middle name of address (for ex goggle) and it will give you all the address for you and To use any of my actual search engines use g opera , wiki html5 , etc..
    But it still have the problem as I can type the slash website (anything\something) and get them to auto complete

like the behavior of the 10.10 as it was much better . I also don’t like the auto completion function to search the title for the ever site I have visited. When I begin to type a site I only want the URLs to be searched. At present I have lot of junk website added in the bookmark that I have visited the whole year. The new function must be good but there should be way to turn it off.

I think nothing has been changed in version 10.53 also web search is still in the address bar and there is no way to get rid of it and by that I mean 11 is the next version and it is interesting to see what change that may have I am switch back to the to the earlier version and it is the first version that I have not use in opera since it was my default browser since the 5.1 release. I am not sure if the configuration Is poor in 10.53 and it the new era in the opera that have features of questionable use may be its not have interest in that matter by the developers . hope all the issue will be solve in the future.