Thread: How to import Setting to Google Chrome?

How to import Setting to Google Chrome?

Whenever I change any browsers one of the hardest things I keep from doing is losing your bookmarks, saved passwords and other customization we make to make it. So, now that Chrome has been released, I wanted to know if I can import all those setting from the other browsers to the Chrome? How can I do that? Will it also import saved passwords?

Re: How to import Setting to Google Chrome?

It is easy to import bookmarks and settings to Chrome from other browsers. Select Customization and use the drop down menu to select the browser from which you want to import from. Select the check box if you want to set Google Chrome as your default browser. Now you can import it from the selected browser which you were using earlier and all will come in the IE 9 browser. To import bookmarks, select Import Bookmarks and Settings and select the items like passwords, Favorites/Bookmarks, Search engines, and Browsing history and click to import the selected setting from the browser which you selected,

I tried the thing you said but it’s giving me error. It says the process cannot continue and closes the browser altogether. I just opened my Mozilla where I have many other bookmarks, I just bookmarked one of the sites form m history and thought of importing it to google. But, it’s giving me that error. Please help me solve it.

Ok,, next time you try to import the bookmark just close the browser in this case Mozilla when you do so as it conflicts with the browser and so it doesen’t continue and gives your error. Just close the Mozilla once you have doen your work and then open Google Chrome and continue and you will do it successfully. Also, check if you have changed the bookmarks from the default location to any other location just copyor save it back to the default location that is Library in the Mozilla folder and youwill have no problem. Or in the options of importing specify where you have saved your bookmarks in order import those files too to your browser. Hope, you enjoy with the new google product of Chrome.