Thread: Cannot Highlight a word to copy in internet explorer 9

Cannot Highlight a word to copy in internet explorer 9

There is a problem with internet explorer 9 in my system. Before upgrading to the internet explorer 9 from internet explorer 8 I was able to select the text from any website so I can copy it and search it on Google or somewhere else but after installing the internet explorer 9 I am not able to do this and I can only select the clickable lines. If anyone else is facing the same issue then please help me.

re: Cannot Highlight a word to copy in internet explorer 9

Well according to me this kind of problem can take place because of the add-ons which you are using in your internet explorer. if any of the add-ons have damaged or gets corrupted then this type of problem can take place. I will suggest you that disable all the add-ons from your internet explorer and after that you have to check whether you are able to select the text or not. I think this will be helpful for you.

Sometimes some of the website does not allow selecting the text from their web page and I will first ask you that try to select the text from different sites and then check whether you are facing the same problem. if you get the same problem with that also then I think there might be something wrong with the internet explorer and if you don’t get the same problem with other websites then I think there might be something wrong with the website which you were trying and there is nothing with the internet explorer 9. First check this and after that let me know what the result is so i can give you reply according to that.

Have you tried to solve this issue by resetting the internet explorer setting? if you have not tried this solution yet then I will first suggest you that you should try to solve this issue by resetting the internet explorer setting and after resetting the setting you will be able to select the select the text in your browser. I was also facing the similar problem and after that my problem will get solved by doing this trick.

Well If you don’t know about how to reset the internet explorer setting then you can reset the internet explorer setting by doing following steps.
    • First you have to click on the tools menu icon and after that you have to click on the internet option.
    • Now after clicking the internet option you have to select the advance tab option.
    • In the advance tab option you have to click on the reset button and after that it will reset the setting and after that click on the close.

Now after resetting is done you have to restart the browser and then your problem will get soled.

According to me some the registry files of the internet explorer has damaged and that is why you are facing this problem. To solve this issue you should run the registry mechanic and after that run it in your system and after that check whether it makes any difference or not and if that doesn’t help you to solve this issue then you have to reinstall the internet explorer.

I have solve this problem by resetting the internet explorer in my system. After referring your replies I have opened the internet explorer 9 browser and then I have open the internet options in that. Now after opening the internet options I have clicked on the advance tab and after that I have clicked on the reset button. now after clicking the reset button it has restore all the setting as default and my all the add-ons were get disappeared but I done have problem with that because resetting the internet explorer has done the trick and now I am not facing any issue with my browser. I really appreciate your help. If anyone facing the same problem with that browser then try this solution and your problem will get resolved.