Thread: Automatically switch to new tab in Opera

Automatically switch to new tab in Opera

I am recently started to use the opera browser and I am finding it difficult to use the may be the interface I am very comfortable using the Firefox but give a thought to use the opera in my iMac and it has the track pad there are little problem in the using of the opera by me and the one I considering the big one is I am un able to switch to the new tab whenever I try to click the line for example the other day I was going through the G mail and found the when I click the link it didn’t switch to that like instead in stayed in the same page and I was able to see the link was opening in the background on the new tab , I was just wondering is there any setting so that the like will open in front when clicked . I would like to make this behavior default and will like to be able to use Cmd and click to open like in the background can any on suggest me where do I exactly need to make the changes.

Re: Automatically switch to new tab in Opera

I am kind of surprise the see this problem of your because when you click the line in any website it should be open in the new tab and in front of all existing tab. sometime it may happen because of the script writing of the website that don’t allow the new line in front of the all tab but in your case I don’t think this would be the case as I am regular user of the Gmail and had never face this problem did you play with your setting of the browser or something because as far as I know opera is not much different from the other browser I think you should check the safari whether the same problem exist in the safari . I can suggest you the alternate option what you should do is just do the right click on the like and open it in the new tab this will definitely open the link in the new tab in front of all tab and if you still facing the same problem then just reset the default setting for the opera remove all the preference that you have made for the your benefit because I am sure by default opera opens all the new like in the new tab over all other that.. Hope I would be prove a nice help to you keep posting bye for now

Re: Automatically switch to new tab in Opera

If I am not wrong this problem is causing to you because of Gmail uses the script to open the new tab. Don’t worry just go to Preferences > Content > JavaScript options check Allow raising of windows this will do the trick of you can do try Shift Click on the link . that it