Thread: How to turn off transparency in internet explorer 9

How to turn off transparency in internet explorer 9

I have upgraded my operating system from windows vista to windows 7 and I have also installed internet explorer 9 in my computer as I like its whole interface which designed very well. Now in my computer I use to do all my work on internet because of that I have to use internet explorer but because of its transparency some time it gets difficult to work because with the transparency you will not able to see the tabs properly. Please tell me is there any way to disable the transparency?

Re: How to turn off transparency in internet explorer 9

As you have said that because of the internet explorer 9 transparency feature you are facing issues while working and that is why I will suggest you that you have to disable the windows 7 transparency to solve this problem. there is no separate option in internet explorer to turn of the transparency in internet explorer 9 and if you want to solve this issue then you have to turn off the transparency in windows 7 and after that you will not face any issue.

I am also disappointed with the transparency feature in the internet explorer because the making the tab button transparent makes too difficult to read the names on the TAB. in Google chrome if you will see they have also use the transparency features but in right way. They have made transparent only command bar but not tab button which is very good. to disable the transparency we have to turn of the whole windows transparency which doesn’t make any sense and that is one more reason of disappointment with the Microsoft product. I hope that they will do some necessary changes regarding transparency feature and add the option to disable it.

if you want to disable the internet explorer 9 transparency then you have to disable it with your windows transparency feature and if you want to do this then you have to first right click on the desktop and after that you have to go to the Personalize and then from the bottom of the page select the color option and then uncheck the transparency option. Now after doing that you will be able to see all your tabs properly.

Thank you friends for giving me information. After referring your replies I have turn off the transparency option for windows 7 and after that it has solved the problem but I am really disappointed that we have to turn off the transparency feature for whole windows 7 only because of internet explorer. if we have a option in internet explorer itself to turn off the transparency option then it will be really great. I hope Microsoft will add this option in there next update of the internet explorer.