Thread: Getting WindowsUpdate_00003715 error while installing internet explorer 9

Getting WindowsUpdate_00003715 error while installing internet explorer 9

I have Acer laptop and I am running Windows 7 operating system in my laptop. in my laptop there was internet explorer 8 was originally installed and after that I have downloaded internet explorer 9 in my laptop and after that when I tried to install it at that time I get WindowsUpdate_00003715 error. Now please tell me what I should do to install internet explorer 9 in my laptop.

Re: Getting WindowsUpdate_00003715 error while installing internet explorer 9

I think you need to first install the windows updates in your system and after that you will be able to install the internet explorer 9 browser in your system. First go to the Microsoft official website and after that you have to download the required updates for your system and after that install it in your laptop, now after installing the updates you have to restart the system. now after restarting the system you have to double click on the internet explorer setup and after that try to install the internet explorer and then check whether you are able to install the internet explorer or not.

Well I will tell you that you should try to install the browser by doing clean boot in your laptop. in my system I was also facing the issue while upgrading internet explorer 9 and after that first I thought that previous version of the internet explorer is causing this issue so I removed internet explorer 8 from my system and after that I downloaded installation file of internet explorer 9 from the internet and after that when I tried to install it in my system at that time I get the same problem. Now after that I have start the computer by doing clean boot and after that when I try to install the internet explorer 9 at that time it get installed successfully. I will suggest you that you should also try this trick and after that your problem will get solved and you will be able to install the internet explorer in your system.

Well I have read your above reply and after that I have downloaded windows update files from the official website of the Microsoft and after that I have installed updates in my laptop. Now after installing the updates when I have tried to install the internet explorer at that time also I get the same error. now after that I have tried to solve this problem by doing the clean boot but I don’t know how to do this please reply me how to do the clean boot.

If you don’t know about how to do the clean boot then you have to follow these steps.
    • First you have to open start menu and after that you have to type MSCONFIG in search box and then press enter.
    • Now after doing that you have to select the selective start up option from the general tab and after that you have to uncheck the load start up option.
    • After doing that click on the service tab and then you have to check that hide Microsoft service option.
    • After hiding the Microsoft services you have to click on the disable option and then click on the ok and restart the laptop.

Now after restarting the laptop you have tried to install the internet explorer 9.

Thank you for giving me steps to do the clean boot and after reading your post I have followed all your given steps and with the help of that I have start the laptop by doing the clean boot and after doing the clean boot when I have tried to install the internet explorer 9 at that time it gets installed successfully. Now all the things are working properly in my laptop. I really appreciate your help.