Thread: How to Turn off Google Chrome 2-finger swipe gesture in OS X Lion

How to Turn off Google Chrome 2-finger swipe gesture in OS X Lion

Currently I own a Mac which is running with OS X Lion and Google Chrome version: 14.0.835.15 installed. In the most up-to-date dev edition of Google Chrome 2-finger swipe gesture lastly works for me, other than I by now would like to turn it off. The trouble is that I can't roll whichever content parallel any longer (particularly within developer tools), for the reason that Chrome keeps toggling pages in its place...Would it be achievable to lower compassion of this motion otherwise still better adjust?

Re: How to Turn off Google Chrome 2-finger swipe gesture in OS X Lion

Yes, many users account Chrome last week, Leon broke the ability to flip back and forth between web pages with your fingers. This is for the reason that this was made beforehand in Chrome on Mac OS X, with 3 fingers. But now with 3 fingers default strokes to move among desktops / apps in Lion. In Safari, this backward / forward navigation is currently completed with 2 fingers of the left / right gestures. Except that was not an option in the present edition of Chrome out there. Now, chromium 14, which is the default mode again to go back and forth.

OS X Lion, by default, has set the left and right gestures with three fingers to move between Spaces, so that we cannot use that gesture to move backward and forward in our history. Although the build 14.0.835.0 Mac seems to have appeared similar gestures, but with two fingers, not three. One thing happens: if you use Chrome and Safari both know that the gestures in the opposite direction in the case of the Apple application. To go back Safari should slide their fingers to the right and left Chrome. Chrome, today, not quite right uses the full screen functionality native Lion. In future releases of Google browser will be corrected.

One of the most well done of the new Safari Lion is the swipe gesture, namely the movement of the fingers from left to right on a multitouch surface, to return to the previous page. But I didn’t thought that it could be a issue with Google Chrome. I hope that we will get a fix for this very soon.

Somehow, you cannot blame Google for doing it this way though. Again, this is the way it was, and slide left back makes sense in the context of how the back arrow button points. But with the pull-visual page-again-effect is obtained in Safari, the new way seems to make sense. Again, you're now moving content, not the browser window.
    The way to solve this problem for now is to use a program like BetterTouchTool to customize gestures Chrome touch. Ultimately, I hope that everyone will have on the same page.