Thread: Zone Status not available on IE 9

Zone Status not available on IE 9

I recently downloaded the new IE9 but I cannot find the status bar on it. Where can I find it? I cannot see what zone I m in like if it’s internet, intranet, and Trusted Sites. Is der somewhere else I can find out the zones. How can I determine the location?

Re: Zone Status not available on IE 9

The status bar is at the bottom of the browser and it has the following information. It shows information about the URL like its location when you drag your cursor over a link. It also allows setting the zoom on the web site. Now in IE9 the status is disabled just like the control and functions option. For IE9, as with the command and favorites bars, the status bar is off by default. To enable the status bar go to View>Toolbars>Status Bar You can also enable the Status Bar, you just have. Also, zoom is enabled when the status bar is enabled. Zoom is also available using CTRL + Mouse Scroll, or CTRL + “+” or”–“.

The new IE just sucks. To make the interface simple they have removed all the indicators and controls, and now it’s so much pain to enable all of it. The only thing that I have found useful was the waiting indicator that has been made much diminished. E.g. flit around your mouse over it and you can get some old "green bar" back. There are no options or tabs for setting Privacy and security and also miss the indications of them below the status. Now, in every browser they must at least all the basic commands enabled by default and we could choose to disable it if we deem it not necessary. How do they know about usability? What are they thinking. This is simply not done.

Heyy, I enabled the status bar but still cannot see the zone buttons. This simply sucks I will be changing to other browsers now, was simply trying out but disappointed. For me the zone icons are important as I am constantly require banking options to know I am secure while using it. This is important with Internet Banking.

Yeah, I think removing it from status bar is the worst design decision done by developers of Microsoft. They have moved the icon apparently to the tab’s property display. And now double clicking it even doesn’t take you to security options. The generic icon also has no information on it. Looks like at least those two cases when you want to know the details. Apparently they have removed it as most users don’t need to see that kind of information and they want to keep it clutter free.

This is just stupid. When you set up security settings for different zones you will need to see in the status bar all the icons so that we can know what that website is about. Now, for seeing that you will have to choose file and then properties where you will see all the security and privacy options and the zone information. Atleast give us a option to bring the icons back for those users that want this. I am not gonna go and see properties for every website thatI visit. This is just waste of time. First of all they installed IE9 by forcing me to do it and now I don’t have any option to revert it to the old IE version, How can I uninstall the new IE?

If you are not happy with the newer version it’s just simple to uninstall instead of whining over here. Here are the steps for it over here:
    • Click Start, Go to Programs and Features, and then click View installed updates. • Scroll to the Microsoft Windows section, under ‘Uninstall an update’, • Then right click the IE9 in the update list and simply uninstall it and restart the PC later.
    I too feel IE has done seriously wrong on their part to hide the icons. If I’ve set a site to a zone, and when starting it gives me problem, what must I do to set it right since I cannot see the zone now and go to properties everytime. When you have a status bar, why left it empty? No one gets disturbed by those little icons in the bar even if they don’t need a feel for it. I think Microsoft has taken a step too far.