Thread: Do not need middle-click Auto Scroll feature in chrome anymore

Do not need middle-click Auto Scroll feature in chrome anymore

I am having Google Chrome version 8 web browser. I like to surf using this chrome. I have set it as my default web browser. I am having issues regarding middle-click Auto Scroll function. I have a Logitech mouse. Whenever I am surfing on any webpage, middle-click Auto Scroll clicks the ad available which I don’t want to see. When I release the button, it clicks the link. So now I want to know how I can disable the middle-click Auto Scroll function in firefox. I really don’t want to use it. I use it to click the link and I see that the auto scroll gets active. Is there any checkbox using which I can disable the function. I require urgent solution so please help me.

Re: Do not need middle-click Auto Scroll feature in chrome anymore

I can understand that this is really very disturbing. This has been a problem of firefox since long time now. But they haven’t fixed the issue till now as I think. So far I would just say that avoid clicking the middle mouse button.

I would suggest you to go to the settings in Control Panel for Mouse Settings and see for anything related to auto scrolling over there. Go to start>> settings>> control panel>> mouse settings>> I hope this helps.

Is it a wireless mouse that you are using? If yes then I would recommend you to install the mouse drivers once if you can. May be installing the mouse drivers would solve the issue. What google chrome version are you having, kindly let me know this in the next post. Make sure that you have made changes in the settings of google extension manager.

I think it is related to the browser operation. So you can make browser settings. Also check the mouse behavior. For that you need to go to the web behavior and under that check the mouse behavior option. You can turn it off or disable the middle-click Auto Scroll button. i hope this works and if it doesnt then kindly get back to the forum.