Thread: Activation Password Synchronization deleted all Wand passwords in Opera 11.50

Activation Password Synchronization deleted all Wand passwords in Opera 11.50

This Is driving me nuts I was not able to locate all password that I have saved are gone like got deleted I can’t understand why I am using Opera 11.50 and today I was just activated a new function in my opera browser named link to sync the save password in my home pc a to my surprise all the password that I have already saved got deleted the Wand.dat file is now showing only 2Kb and its completely empty and to add in my bad luck my home pc password also gone is there any way that I could able to retrieve the password , can I would be able to restore the old wand.dat . I never expected this would happen this is a one of the great feature in opera. Please help me get out of it because some of the password I dint bother to save in separate.

Re: Activation Password Synchronization deleted all Wand passwords in Opera 11.50

I have also got the same problem stuck in the middle but I have no issue as I have the backup of my password store separately in the file on the compute but this is surely not expected I would not asked to retrieve the password though it’s always good to know but I would ask your help to how to use the link to sync.

Re: Activation Password Synchronization deleted all Wand passwords in Opera 11.50

I have different problem as you lost your password I have lost my bookmark and speed dials so clearly this problem is not restricted to only to the password but also other issue related to the sync in short all sync feature is giving the problem and the proof that lot of thread relating to the Sync problem gives and I am in doubts that opera have no clue of this bug through forums like this and until then it’s better that we should use the opera without the Sync feature or we can also use the older version . and it’s always handy to keep the current backup copy of all your bookmarks, speed dials passwords etc.

Yes you are absolutely right after upgrading my browser to v.11.50 all my wand password gone missing even without using the sync option so I roll back to the v11.01 and decided to wait until the issue is solved but still is was missing the password luckily I had 3 pc which were still using the opera V11.01 I just copied the wand.dat file from one of those machines.

Same thing happen lost all the password please help to retrieve unable to find any option and the word of advice to all who are upgrading the browser please take the back up of all the data first

I am using the opera 11.50 and no lost of password yet there has been occasion where I have lost the password so many time but with opera 11.50 I am yet to face this problem don’t know how guess I just got the lucky addition of opera 11.50 …