Thread: Internet Explorer 9 does not open pop-up tabs

Internet Explorer 9 does not open pop-up tabs

Hello friends I am using Dell inspiron laptop in which I have Windows 7 Ultimate x64 operating system and I have also installed Microsoft Security Essentials for security. in my laptop I have upgraded internet explorer from 8 to 9 and after upgrading internet explorer whenever I open sites in which some page opens as a pop-up tab at that time it does not load. Now please tell what I should do to solve this.

Re: Internet Explorer 9 does not open pop-up tabs

I will first tell you that you have to check that you are facing this problem with any specific web sites or you are having this problem with all the websites which requires pop window. I will also suggest you to try to open your website in different web browser like Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome and then check whether you are facing the same issue or not. if you don’t get the same issue with that then I think there must be something wrong with internet explorer settings.

Well according to me you should try to solve this issue by enabling the pop- blocker and disabling the pop blocker again. Sometimes by enabling and disabling pop blocker can fix this type of issue. if you want to enable and disable the pop-blocker then you have to first click on the gear icon on the right side of the internet explorer window and after that you have to select the internet option. After that you have to click on the privacy tab in internet options window. Now after that you will see the option for the turn on the pop blocker option and you have turn it on and then click on the ok and after that load any page and after that you have to turn of the pop blocker again and then check whether you are getting the same problem or not.

Have you tried to fix this pop up tab issue by clearing the cache and cookies from your browser? if you have not tried this then I will suggest you to open internet explorer 9 and after that clear the cache and cookies from your browser and then try to load the page and check whether it loading the pop up tab properly or not. as far as I know some times unwanted cockles can also cause this type of issues.

According to me any of the add on in your browser is creating this problem and I will recommend you that if you are using any add-ons related to tab then first disable it and after that try to load your pages. to disable the add-on you have to go to the setting option which you will find on the right side of the internet explorer window besides tab and after that you have to click on the manage add-ons. Now after that you have to select each add-on and after that disable it and then click on the ok and the see what happens after that. if you get the same problem after that then some wrong setting in your browser causing the problem.

In my internet explorer I was facing the similar issue and after that I have checked the problem after disabling my security system and after disabling the security system when I tried to open pop up page at that time opened properly. I think you should also try this solution and after that check whether you are facing the same problem or not.

Try these steps to solve this issue.
    • First you have to open the internet options in internet explorer 9
    • Now after that you have to click on the tab settings option.
    • After clicking on the tab setting you have to select open pop up in new window option.
    • You have to also make sure that open links in new window has to be checked.
    • No after doing your problem might get fixed.

Well I have already tried to solve this problem by clearing the cache and cookies nit after that also I was getti9ng the same option and after that I have enable the pop-blocker and after that disable it again but that doesn’t make any difference. Now after trying that I have also tried to solve this problem by disabling the Microsoft Security Essentials but I know that it is not causing this issue. if anyone has any more idea regarding this issue then please help me.

As far as I know resetting the settings of the internet explorer will do the trick and that is why I would like to tell you that reset internet explorer setting and after resetting the setting your problem will get solved. Before you reset you have to keep one thing in mind that by resetting the internet explorer it will reset all installed extensions, toolbar and other add-ons to Internet Explorer Defaults.

If you don’t know about how to reset the internet explorer setting the you have to perform the following steps. First you have to open the internet explorer and after that you have to open the internet options window b clicking on the tools icon. Now after that you have to select the advance tab option and click on the reset. Now after that you have to check the Delete personal settings option. Now after that you have to click on the reset button and after resetting it you have to click on the close button. Now you have to restart the internet explorer to take the effect.

if still you are getting the same problem after resetting the internet explorer setting then you should try to fix this issue by reinstalling the internet explorer because sometime because of the corrupt installation also this type of problem can take place. Reinstall the internet explorer and after that your problem will surly get resolved. if you need any more help then let me know.

As you have said in your reply that by resetting the internet explorer setting I can solve this issue and after that I have followed given steps and with the help of your steps I have reset the internet explorer setting. Now after resetting the internet explorer when I tried to open my sites with pop-up window at that time it worked properly. thank you so much for helping me.