Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

how to pause downloads in google chrome browser

Technology & Internet

Old 26-08-2011

how to pause downloads in google chrome browser

I am using google chrome browser for surfing and downloading things. I have some issue regarding the downloading. Whenever I am downloading any file like video or mp3 it gets downloaded and I can see the progress report down in the left side of the browser. But I have seen that whenever my pc gets shutdown accidently or the browser gets closed I lose the file that is getting downloaded. I don’t know how to get the file back. I want to know that is there any method to pause the downloading? Sometimes I download large files and I cannot wait for it to get downloaded. So kindly suggest me some way regarding this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Old 26-08-2011

Re: how to pause downloads in google chrome browser

I would suggest you to get the third party product such as download manager. You can download it form the internet for free. You can visit the official website of google download manager and get it downloaded.
Old 26-08-2011

Well if you want to pause any file that is getting downloaded in google chrome then follow the following steps.
• Start downloading the file you that you need.
• Then click "Customize and Control Google Chrome" menu.
• click "Downloads" button.
• Then to pause the file, you need to pause the download click the"Pause" button next to the downloading file. This way you will be able to pause any file. I hope this helps
Old 26-08-2011

I would recommend you to get accelerator plus software. you can use "Download Accelerator Plus" for High Speed Download. You will get this Software for Free and it is easy to use.
Old 26-08-2011

Go to the download bar at the bottom of the Google chrome browser and then click on the dropdown arrow on the download and click on the pause link. You can pause a file that is getting downloaded in this manner. I hope this helps but if it doesn’t then I would ask you to get to the forum back and post a reply to this thread. So that others can also help you out to solve your issue.
Old 26-08-2011

I also use google chrome browser. I like to download files and many a times I have to pause the file while getting downloading so for that I always type "chrome://downloads/" in the address bar and pause the download from there. So I would also ask you to try this method. As far as I think it will allow you to pause it and solve your query.
Old 26-08-2011

I don’t know exactly how to pause a download when any file is getting downloaded. I use internet explorer and even I don’t have any way to pause the download. I just have options like open, cancel. I have heard that you can pause a file that is getting downloaded in google chrome. any one who knows a way that works, please let me now.i have Tried googling around on the internet and have searched a lot about ways to pause downloads but all in vain.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , , ,