Thread: How to get favorites list from old Opera to new Opera

How to get favorites list from old Opera to new Opera

in my computer I have installed new version of the opera browser in my computer and I am also having old version of opera in my computer. Now I want to know that is there any way to add my favorites from old Opera from to new opera. if anyone have any suggestion regarding this then please help me. Thank you in advance.

Re: How to get favorites list from old Opera to new Opera

Yes you can add your favorite in your new opera browser from old version. To add favorites you have to first copy bookmarks.adr from installation files to new installation file and after copying this when you start the new opera at that time you will find that favorites list is added. I hope this trick will be helpful for you.

According to me instead of messing with installation files you should try to add favorites by using "import Opera Bookmarks" option from Opera browser. First you have to click on the file menu and after that you have to click on the import and export option. Now after that you have to click on the import Opera bookmarks option. Now after that you have to select old opera bookmark folder and then click ok and it is done.

I have gone through your post and after that I have tried to solve this issue by using importing bookmark option but when I click on the import bookmark option at that time it asked for the bookmarks folder but I don’t know where exactly opera saves its bookmark folder. Please let me know where I can find bookmark folder in Opera.

In windows vista operating system or later then windows vista opera keep its files application data folder. you can access to that folder by typing %APPDATA%\Opera\ in start menu search box option and after that you have to press enter button. in your system you will find two opera profile subfolder folder and you have to copy bookmarks.adr from old folder to new folder and then your problem will get solved.

Well after referring your solution I have tried to solve the problem by going in to the application data folder and after that I have copied all the my bookmark files from old profile folder and then I transferred those files in my new profile folder and after doing that when I start the browser at that time I ger all my bookmarks back. Thanks for the help.

Thank you so much for this thread I was also experiencing the same issue with Opera browser in my laptop after installing the new version of the Opera browser. In my laptop I was using Opera 10 browser which I have installed long time ago but after that I have recently installed Opera 11.50 browser in my system. As far as I know whenever we install any new version Opera in our system at that time it automatically upgrades of old version but in my case when I have installed the Opera 11.50 at that time it gets installed separately and after that my system was having two opera browser one is 10. And another is 11.50. now after that first I have thought that Opera must be having some features like synchronization of Bookmarks and passwords so we can easily transfer our data from old version Opera to new opera but after going through all the features of the Opera I did not get any option like that. Now after that my friend told me that import export is the there is a option in Opera browser called import export which I have to use for get back my bookmarks and after that I have tried to solve this problem by using the import export option in Opera and after that I came to know that I have to locate the Bookmark folder to import the bookmark from old version. Now after that I have referred above reply regarding locating folder of the Opera bookmarks and after referring your reply I have find the folder by typing this %APPDATA%\Opera\ in my stsrt menu search box and after instead of importing the Bookmarks I have directly transfer the bookmark folder from the old Opera folder to new opera folder which you have mentioned in your above solution. Now after doing that when I have start the new Opera browser in my laptop at that time I get my all the bookmarks back. Thank you so much for helping me. All those guys who are facing the same issue with Opera bookmarks can try this solution and you will be able to get your bookmarks in new version of the Opera browser.