Thread: How to open a blank page instead of a website in Google Chrome

How to open a blank page instead of a website in Google Chrome

I have been using the Google Chrome from the time when it was first launched and keep updating it from there. Just I got a new update. AS you know that the google chrome web browser open the tab as Google Homepage or any other pre-defined. I didn’t see it anywhere opening a blank page. I presently favor to have the browser open on top of a blank page to reduce opening time and for the reason that I am not for all time going to the similar site while browsing.

Re: How to open a blank page instead of a website in Google Chrome

Go to the nut right key, and then to Options. Fill in the box at Home Open this page "about: blank" (without quotation marks). Then restart Chrome, and then you have a blank page when you open a new tab.

I did not understand exactly the meaning. However, there are two possibilities (for what I understood). The Google (or another search engine) as the official page.
    • Go to the top right key.
    • Click Options and then go to 'Home' and choose 'Open this page' and into the bar, write the link to Google (or your search engine). When you open Google Chrome and you open a page (like YouTube or a link to a photo site).
    • Always go on the top right key.
    • Click Options and choose the mode: 'start' and choose 'Open the following pages' and then write the link in the spaces of the pages you want to open at startup]

When you first launch "Google Chrome" two websites are called automatically. Use the tab bar to switch among the pages back plus forth. To obtain a foreword to "Google Chrome", click on the tab "More information about Google Chrome" and next click the link "Google Chrome Help" at the underneath of the window. There you can get all kind of settings help.

Well, that's not the solution but a diversion, because the detour I personally find the solution. Though I find it odd that nobody had an answer for me, because really almost as simple as that. The problem was simple function with which you could specify your own page in a new tab with the new tab not yet been set. This was so long ago that I did not know how I got here. Because the extension speed dial itself shows that you can set it in your menu under Tools - Extensions I look there.... and what I encountered, the extension speed dial and the new tab extension. From there you can uninstall.

It seems to me that the blank page opening feature is not available for Google Chrome. The Chrome opens the Google as home page if you select it as Blank page. It is the default behavior of the chrome which cannot be changed easily. For this you either need to get the hacks or something. If this is not possible then just look for any kind of plug-ins or extensions in order for this purpose. This is the only way left for you.