Thread: XP Antivirus 2012 not allowing to open internet explorer 9

XP Antivirus 2012 not allowing to open internet explorer 9

Hello I have installed the windows operating system on mine system and I have also installed the internet explorer9 on mine system. Everything on the system working fine but from last one week I am not able to open the internet explorer 9 due to the fake XP Antivirus 2012 antivirus. Now I don’t how to remove the XP Antivirus 2012 virus, can anyone suggest on this issue and so that I can solve mine issue. While searching on the internet I have found that the XP Antivirus 2012 is the fake antivirus and due to that I am getting this issue. Now I don’t what to do and how to get ride the issue. Can anyone suggest on this issue and so that I can solve mine issue.

Re: XP Antivirus 2012 not allowing to open internet explorer 9

First of all I would like to suggest you to make scan on your system and so that you can get ride the XP Antivirus 2012 fake antivirus on your system.

Just go through the below location and after that delete everything as given below file on the location:
    %AllUsersProfile%\[random]
    %AppData%\Local\[random].exe
    %AppData%\Local\[random]
    %AppData%\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Templates\[random]
    %Temp%\[random]

To delete the fake XP Antivirus 2012 you need to remove the below registry key on your registry editor:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.exe "(Default)" = 'exefile'
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.exe\shell\open\command "IsolatedCommand" = '"%1" %*'
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.exe\shell\runas\command "(Default)" = '"%1" %*'
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.exe\shell\runas\command "IsolatedCommand" = '"%1" %*'
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\exefile "(Default)" = 'Application'
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\exefile "Content Type" = 'application/x-msdownload'
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\exefile\DefaultIcon "(Default)" = '%1'
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe\DefaultIcon "(Default)" = '%1'
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe\shell\open\command "(Default)" = '"%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\.exe" /START "%1" %*'
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe\shell\open\command "IsolatedCommand" = '"%1" %*'
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe\shell\runas\command "(Default)" = '"%1" %*'
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe\shell\runas\command "IsolatedCommand" = '"%1" %*'
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile "Content Type" = 'application/x-msdownload'
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command "IsolatedCommand" = '"%1" %*'
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\runas\command "IsolatedCommand" = '"%1" %*'

Try run the system file checker on your system and after that you can get ride the issue. to make system file checker you need to go through the below steps: first make click on the start and after that click on the search. Now on the search type: cmd and after that click on the ok button. Now on the result you will get the command prompt and after that make double click on the command prompt. Now on the command prompt type the below command:
    Sfc/scannow
    Now once you finish this command and after that reboot the system and then let me know the issue.

If above all solution won’t solve your issue and then I think you might repair your operating system and after that you can solve your issue. To repair the operating system you need to have operating system CD. First install the operating system CD and after that reboot the system. While rebooting your system press the any key to boot the DVD drive and after that follow the steps given under that.

If above all solution not working to solve the issue and then just try to reinstall the Operating system and after that you can solve your issue but before that I would like to suggest you to make contact with the technician and after that go through your issue.