Thread: Got error "% couldn't be downloaded" while downloading xls file from Internet Explorer 9

Got error "% couldn't be downloaded" while downloading xls file from Internet Explorer 9

Hi, I have recently installed internet explorer 9 in my PC and It is working fine but I found the threat yesterday when actually I was trying to download some of the excel files through the browser as, when I was trying to download that files I was actually getting the error as I have mentioned in the title.

But I haven’t get any such error ever before while I was using the older version, so any idea what could be problem ?

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Got error "% couldn't be downloaded" while downloading xls file from Internet Explorer 9

I don’t know I have even never ever had any such problem in my PC but still if those files are that important then for the time being you should try to make use of another browser for so that you at least have those files. And then try to resolve this.

Re: Got error "% couldn't be downloaded" while downloading xls file from Internet Explorer 9

I think there might be some problem with the version you are using, because I am also using the same version and I also download almost each kind files but still I am not getting any such problem. Hence according to me you should try to install the browser again in your machine, and make sure that you are not using the same version. Rather if possible you should try to get it again from the Microsoft’s official website

Though there are too many website providing the same setups but still they are not official and have too many problems with the software.

I have downloaded it again and even installed it in other directory as well but having the same problem. Any idea what could be the problem?

If you are keep getting the same error again and again then why you are using the same browser rather you can have option to work with another, according to me you should get Mozilla in your machine,

I was also having the same problem but you should try this as I had also done the same thing.

Step 1: First of all you have to discover the directory C:\users\ and choose the folder having your name.

Step 2: As you got the folder open the properties of that folder by right-clicking on it.

Step 3: as you open the property window, there would be too many tabs so among them just select the security tab and alter your permissions for your files in this directory.
    You must have the permission to alter and Read and execute the files.

Step 4: Now try to open the internet explorer and make sure that you are running it with the administrator account.

If you are still having the same problem again, then I think with no other option you should try to Reset Internet Explorer 9 and then see what is happening?

But while doing this as well make sure that it is not reversible, subsequent to reset, all previous settings will be wiped out and can't be well again.

Thus you can have option as rather than resetting everything, you should reset only specific settings.

Try to disable all the add-ons that you have installed in your browser. And then see what happens. And there Is a mode as well in which you can load the browser without loading any add-ons. Thus this would be better as you don’t have to disable any of the one.

Yeah this was the good answer I have expected. This is working for sure, hence thank you very much.