Thread: How to do downgrade from IE9 to IE8?

How to do downgrade from IE9 to IE8?

Hello friends, I have recently purchased a new PC (Personal Computer), it is having the new and latest internet Explorer (IE) 9. As I having issue using that, such that it not compatible with many websites. So I was thinking to downgrade to the IE 8, but I am not able to do it, so please help me with this. And I am also not able to uninstall the upgrade, due IE 9 was firstly installed in it and also I am not able to find the upgrade file or the program. So please tell me that how to do the downgrade of the IE. Thank You.

Re: How to do downgrade from IE9 to IE8?

You can uninstall the internet explorer 9 from the computer, go the control panel and then go to the Add / Remove program then see in that there is the internet explorer 9 or not, if it there then select and uninstall it and then download and install the IE 8 on our system.

To uninstall the Internet Explorer 9 here are some instruction which is apply to windows 7 and also windows Vista:
    1. Click on the Start button, then type the Programs and Features in the search box when you click the start button,
    2. As you have type the Programs and Features in the search box then click on the view installed updates which are on the left panel.
    3. In the Uninstall an update, go to the Microsoft Windows section you will get by scrolling it downwards.
    4. Then right click on the Windows Internet Explorer 9, in that click on the Uninstall button and when you get a prompted which asks yes or no then click on the yes.
    5. After clicking yes the process will start and do it uninstalling automatically, then you will ask to select any one
    a. Restart Later: to restart the computer after some time
    b. Restart Now: to restart now

As the above user have told you that how you can uninstall the IE 9, as the uninstall is done then download IE 8 for your Operating System, and download that which is having the same bit as it supports same bit operating of yours.

Actually there is no downgrade option available in the IE or in any other software’s. For the downgrade you have uninstall the current running software / IE on your system. As you uninstall the IE 9 as the above user have told you how to uninstall it. Now download the correct IE 8 for your windows and do it properly as you always do for installing any software in your computer. Once you installed the IE 8 then do a restart of your system, as it install will apply to the other file and other region where IE 9 was connected.

Thank you for the advice and also the methods to do the downgrade of the IE. I will do the same way and will bring the IE 8 back on my new PC. Thank You all for all your replies.