Thread: cannot upgrade to Mozilla firefox 6

cannot upgrade to Mozilla firefox 6

I am having Mozilla firefox. Recently I was trying to upgrade to firefox 6. But unfortunately I couldn’t. When I try to click on the apply update from the help option (about firefox window), the new update gets downloaded and then I restarted the browser. After restarting I got this message "The update could not be installed. Please make sure that no other instances of Firefox is running and retry” I checked whether any other firefox function is running in the background or not. There wasn’t any FF application running. Then I tried restarting my system but nothing happened. I don’t know what the problem is. Kindly help me regarding this issue.

Re: cannot upgrade to Mozilla firefox 6

I have gone carefully through your query. I would suggest you to download Mozilla firefox 6 directly from the Mozilla website. Don’t download the update from the firefox browser. I hope you were previously using firefox 5? If you were using firefox 5 then download the firefox in the same location where you had installed the firefox 5. I am not sure why were you getting the message as you were downloading it officially from the browser. Well there has been lot of such issues previously too. But I am sure following this way will not give you problems. What operating system are you using? Sometimes it doesn’t work fine with few browsers. Make sure you are running antivirus in your system. Check for the settings in the antivirus of yours. You can also check the firefox settings and make possible changes.

Re: cannot upgrade to Mozilla firefox 6

I think for this issue you should consult the service provider? Many a times such issue persists and is rectified by the service provider. Get it checked with the service provider once. There could be some settings changed and kind of things. I hope it helps. Changing settings by enabling and disabling would help. Make sure you have installed malware infection tools installed with you. Thank you. Do let me know if this suggestion helps.