Thread: Shortcut Keys for Tab Bar, Quit and Exit Automation in Opera

Shortcut Keys for Tab Bar, Quit and Exit Automation in Opera

Hello friends, I am using the Windows XP Service Pack 3 Operating system in a sun virtual box, and I am using the latest and greatest Opera 11.50. I have some question to ask, regards for the shortcut keys to reduce the repetition and easier access also. Is there any functionality which is built in opera? Following is the list which I am finding it out or what I need
    1. Need to create one function key to hide and display the tab bar.
    2. Need to create one function key that will login to all my web sites.
    3. Need to create one to toggle between windows vs. using ctrl-tab

So is there anyone who can help me on this, or could suggest me how to do it? Thank you.

re: Shortcut Keys for Tab Bar, Quit and Exit Automation in Opera

Well here are some preferences or shortcuts or keyboards setup which is used to operate. The list is below and also told what to do:
    1. First go to the page bar settings in that set alignment “pagebar” 6 to “pagebar” 0. The 6 means show the tab bar (a.k.a. pagebar) which its default position; the 0 means disable it. I use the “t”, “b” with single-key shortcuts enabled.
    2. Fast Forward, x shift is the default shortcut, but you can change to which ever you want. Well I use a mouse gesture for this; go the shortcuts then to mouse setup. GestureRight = Forward just change it to GestureRight = Fast Forward
    3. Press the Alt + Tab (Alt button + Tab button on the keyboard) is the default for toggling between the windows. Just try using the window panel.

Well you can assign the function which is currently assigned to Ctrl – Tab to another shortcut key which is depend on your wish, if the key is available then only. It the key which you have chosen is already assigned to a particular function then you have to remove the current function in order to assign a new one to it. I think all the keys might be assigned to do some or other function to do. So it is not possible to change the function of each key.

I have also tried to some changes as you are asking to do. I have assigned the function keys also. For example, F1 key for login to all the websites of mines, F2 key to hide the task bar, F3 key to toggle between the tabs. All the function keys are been already assigned to some functions. So it is better to use the default settings.

Here are the steps which will help you to create the shortcut key which you want. Just follow the following steps:
    • Go to the tools option
    • In the tools option go to the Preferences option
    • When you select the Preferences option then you will see a window, in that window select the Advance Tab.
    • In the Advance Tab select the keyboard Setup.
    • In the keyboard setup select the Opera Standard and click on the Duplicate which is on the right side.
    • When you click on the Duplicate you will see Copy of Opera Standard created.
    • Select the Copy of Opera Standard and select the Edit button which is also on the right side.
    • Now select which ever thing you want to change the shortcuts or want to enter a new shortcut.

Just try this, if it work then it is great and good for you also.

Re: Shortcut Keys for Tab Bar, Quit and Exit Automation in Opera

Thank you for all your suggestion and advice. I will try some of the methods; if it did not work then I will use the default shortcuts, which I was using till now. I think if the shortcuts were able to change then the Opera might have announced about it.