Thread: how to embed Unicode fonts in Opera

how to embed Unicode fonts in Opera

I have just installed the opera browser version 11.50. I want to add the Unicode fonts in opera. So can anyone provide me the details regarding installation process of the font in it for example fonts like Khmer and what actually the Unicode font is? So provide the details regarding it. This will be helpful for me.

Re: how to embed Unicode fonts in Opera

I am also facing the problem with the same think. While browsing over the opera I am getting same problem that the font can’t get be detected and shows the rectangular squares while reading which makes it unreadable. So I have tried to add the fonts in the windows files so after that when I tried to browse the site. It shows the site correctly without any of the rectangle shown in the site.

I don’t think you can embed fronts in the opera browser. In my knowledge this font files are stored on the server side. Some of the fonts will be available over internet. So check if you find it but according to my details you can’t add fonts in opera. The same think is applied to the all the other browsers out now in the market.

The font files actually stored in the operating systems fonts folder. You can see this in the control panel where there is the folder with name font. Also there are some applications which control the font which are not the part of the font folder one of the application is the adobe type manager. So I will suggest you to find the fonts which you required to use and add that downloaded file this file has the .TTF extension. And add the font in the folder fonts. Then try to start the browser it will show you the content perfectly without any square rectangles.

I am currently using opera, Firefox as well as safari for browsing the internet. Actually it depends on the operating system. So the Unicode fonts such as Khmer need the newer operating system. Since it was supported by the operating systems which are above the windows vista. So if you have windows vista or higher operating system installed in your machine then you can able to see such a Unicode fonts.

So you want to know about the embedded fonts. So the actually the previous post user says is not right since those are the fonts which are related to the windows and need to be installed in the system. So embedded fonts means we don’t need to install the font on the user’s computer and the font actually available to the server so the user actually see the sites which has different fonts without installing in the system. So take one example regarding the font Khmer. So if one of the sites is using this font for the site and if the user doesn’t have the font then he will see only the rectangle blocks. So embedded font will make sure that user can see the content in the site will be visible to the user correctly.

I have the way in which you can embed the fonts in your browser. so this will be applied to the installation of the khmer font this can be done. So do this
    • First download the font KhmerOS .tff file from the net.
    • Upload the Khmer file in the hosing
    • User the style sheet provided below
    <style> @font-face { font-family: “Khmer OS”; src: url("http://domainname/font/KhmerOS. ttf"); } p { font-family: Khmer OS, Time New Roman; } </style>

The font will be embedded to the hosting server. But it is actually applied to the users who hosting the sites. So the users don’t need to install the fonts on their site.

I am also facing the same problem I can’t able to see the Unicode sites which are using the different fonts in opera version 11.50. I think there is some problem in it. So I decided to uninstall the opera. And installed the previous version older one opera 11.05. So now it is working perfectly I can see those sites without any problems. So try to revert back to the older version.

The details provided here are useful for me .so I have checked some sites which has the different font so actual problem is that the sites font works on the internet explorer correctly but doesn’t works on the opera. So when I read the details that the embedding can only do by the users who host the site and not by the users who are viewing so we can’t add the Unicode fonts. So if Unicode font not supported by the browser then we have to add the font in the fonts folder to view the site correctly on the browser .