Thread: PS3, Wi-Fi range is getting poorer

PS3, Wi-Fi range is getting poorer

Here I have a problem with my PS3 Wi-Fi and I want to share it with you people. Last month, when I watched signal strength of my PS3 Wi-Fi, it was showing nearly 79%. From then it dropped to 40% when I watched 2 days before. And today when I watched the strength of my PS3 Wi-Fi then it is showing 10% to 20%. And till then I have altered nothing in my PS3. I don’t know when sony is going to improve the range of PS3 Wi-Fi.

Re: PS3, Wi-Fi range is getting poorer

It seems strange, How can the strength of Wi-Fi can fluctuate this much! I think you should complain about this to Sony. It’s not normal. I also have PS3 but I use Ethernet cable. So never get any connection issue. You should also try it. It’s cheaper.

I also have the same problem with my PS3 Wi-Fi. The strength of signal alters every now. And to get rid of lower strength I slowly move antenna of my router until I get little better signal strength or sometimes I move my PS3 also to right and left to get better signal strength. You can also try this. It looks weird but I don’t know any other way for this. So for me it’s the only way. If anyone has any other ideas then please reply.

It seems reticules. I have seen somewhat fluctuation of signal strength of Wi-Fi but not this much decreasing and that also for no obvious reason. According to me the strength of Wi-Fi signal is only affected by factors such as if any object is interfering signal etc. I have noticed that my Wi-Fi signal never remains static. It also keeps on altering but it doesn’t decrease that much without any reason. I think you should go for wired connection between your Router and PS3.

You can also buy Homeplugs if you are having too much fluctuation in your Wi-Fi signal. My Wi-Fi gives signal strength of 98% to 100% if it is placed in the same room and if I place it in another room then also it gives 60% to 80%. It also depends on the position so try to move your PS3 or Wi-Fi antenna little bit.