Thread: Address bar history arrow is missing in Opera 11.50

Rajni Guest

Address bar history arrow is missing in Opera 11.50

I have upgrade my Opera browser from 11 to opera 11.50 and after installing the new version I was going through its new features and I have noticed that address bar URL history arrow was not there which was very useful for me. is there any way to get back that arrow in browser ? Please help me with this or I have to switchback to old version.

Re: Address bar history arrow is missing in Opera 11.50

According to me you should temporary switchback to the old version of the opera browser because the address bar URL history arrow is turned off by default in the Opera browser and it this problem might get solved in the next update of the opera browser. I am also having the same problem and right now I am using old version of the Opera.

According to me you should temporary switchback to the old version of the opera browser because the address bar URL history arrow is turned off by default in the Opera browser and it this problem might get solved in the next update of the opera browser. I am also having the same problem and right now I am using old version of the Opera.

Rajni Guest

First I have thought that I should install old version of Opera browser again in my system but after that I have tried above trick with my system and according to that procedure I have enabled Address bar history arrow and then when I restart the browser at that time that arrow appears and my problem solved. I really appreciate for all the help. Thank you.

I have also come across the same problem in my computer. I was using opera browser 11 version in my computer and it was working fine and that was very important for me. Some days before when I was working in my computer with opera browser at that time I get notification regarding opera update and I clicked on that and after that it has upgraded my opera browser from 11 to 11.50. Now after upgrading the Opera browser I was going through its all new features and after that I came to know that in this new version that Address bar history arrow was not there. First I thought that this problem is occurring because of the bad installation and that is why I have decided to reinstall the Opera in my system but when I have removed the Opera browser and after that installed it again in my system at that time also my problem didn’t get solved. I have also tried to solve this issue by doing opera configuration as you have suggested in your above reply but there was Show Dropdown Button In Addressfield in search box was already enabled. Now after trying several tricks also I was not able to solve the issue and that is why I have decided to switch back to the opera 11 version and I hope that may be in next update these problems will get resolved. I am really disappointed by Opera because of this change and I cannot understand reason behind removing the Address bar history arrow from Opera browser. If I will not get this feature back then maybe I will start using some other browser.

Please try this:
    opera:config#Show%20Dropdown%20Button%20In%20Addressfield

enjoy

The above solution works of course as it did (for me) twice before.

Since 8 years a frequently come close to dumping OPERA mainly because of site compatibility problems. This is not the first version where the address bar history is switched of by default, ignoring my previous setup/corrections of this problem. I find it difficult to imagine that this was unavoidable once (V 11.00 I think) but by it being repeated for the third time I feel like I'm being taken for an idiot. (I'm using Opera on 3 different PC's, 2 XP, one Ubuntu, I have corrected the problem 7 times.)

Time for a switch??