Thread: Getting run error while opening Firefox 6

Getting run error while opening Firefox 6

I am using computer in which I have installed windows 7 operating system. i normally use Mozilla Firefox browser to use internet in my computer. I have recently upgraded my browser with Firefox 6.0 and after installing the Firefox 6 in my computer I am experiencing one problem. Now whenever I open any Mozilla Firefox at that time I get run error at that time I get run error. Help me to solve this issue. I am waiting for your replies.

Re: Getting run error while opening Firefox 6

As far as I know you are facing this problem because a any of the extension which you are using in earlier version of the Firefox is not compatible with Firefox 6.0 and if you want to solve this issue then you have to start the Mozilla Firefox browser in safe mode with disable all add-ons and see whether you get the same issue or not?

If you don’t know how to open the Mozilla Firefox browser in safe mode then I will help you with that. First you have to click on the start menu and after clicking on the start menu you have to select the all programs option and then you have to select the Mozilla Firefox and under that folder you will see the two option one is for Mozilla Firefox and one is for Mozilla Firefox (safe mode). Now select the Mozilla Firefox(safe mode) and after that you will get one box and there you have to check the Disable all add-ons option.

After referring your above reply I have tried to solve this run error issue by opening the Mozilla Firefox browser in safe mode also but after opening the Mozilla Firefox browser in safe mode also I was facing the same problem and I am also not using any theme in browser but still this problem is coming. Now please help me to solve this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbanco View Post
    After referring your above reply I have tried to solve this run error issue by opening the Mozilla Firefox browser in safe mode also but after opening the Mozilla Firefox browser in safe mode also I was facing the same problem and I am also not using any theme in browser but still this problem is coming. Now please help me to solve this.
    Hey guys, it might because of Malware infection in your system.
    I would suggest you to scan your computers with Malwarebytes..
    You may follow the steps below:
    1. Download Malwarebytes from searching it from google.
    2. Click on the big button which says "Download Now (9.03MB)".
    3. Download and install the software.
    4. Run a quick scan using MalwareBytes.
    5. It will show the number of infections found.
    6. Click "Show Results" once the scanning is complete.
    7. Select all the infected files and registry entries in the list and click "Delete/Remove" button. This will restart the computer.

Once the computer is restarted, check Mozilla Firefox and see if it works fine without any error.

Best of luck.

If you are getting the same error even after trying above mentioned ideas then I think there might be something wrong with your Mozilla Firefox browser and I think you should try to solve this issue by reinstalling the browser. First remove the browser from your system and after that you have to also remove all the temporary files from your system. Now restart the system and after that you have to install the browser again.