Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 20-08-2011

Firefox 3.6 is trying to upgrade 6.0 version instead of 4.0 version

I am using MAC pc in which I have OS X 10.5 which Is old. In my system I am using Firefox 3.6 version and now when I tried to upgrade it to Firefox 6.0 at that time I came to know that it 6.0 is not supported by my system and that is why I tried to update to Firefox 4.0 but at that time also it tries to upgrade for 6.0 version. Now please tell me how to fix this issue.
Old 20-08-2011

Re: Firefox 3.6 is trying to upgrade 6.0 version instead of 4.0 version

Well according to me don?t try to upgrade the Firefox by selecting the check for update option because when you use that option at that time it will try to upgrade to latest version only but instead of trying for there I will suggest you to download the Firefox 4.0 from internet manually and after that install it in your system. You will not get any problem by trying this solution. If you still face the same problem after that then let me know.
Old 20-08-2011

Thank you for helping me. After referring your reply I have downloaded Firefox 4.0 and after that I have install it in my system. Now after installing it in my system It has started giving me some problems. Now whenever I play any online games at that time my browser crashes randomly this is very irritating for me.
Old 20-08-2011

Check whether your flash player updated or not. if you are using the old version of the flash player in your system then you have to first update the flash player and after updating the flash player you have to check whether you are getting the same problem or not. as far as I know after updating the flash player you will not get the same problem while playing games.
Old 20-08-2011

Updating the flash player in my system has done the trick. After going through your solution I have visited official website of the adobe flash player and after that I have downloaded latest flash player for my system. now after that I have installed it in my system and after installing the flash player whenever I try to play any games at that time it didn?t gave me any issue.  

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , , , , , , ,