Thread: Firefox 6 freezing but works on safe mode

Firefox 6 freezing but works on safe mode

I have a new laptop and under that install Firefox 6 mine windows XP system. It seemed to be working well until I had to upgrade to Java 6 Update 26. Now it loads fine and seems fine for about 10-15 seconds and then stops behaving normally. The mouse icon no longer turns into a hand, the mouse cursor stops blinking in text boxes, typing in text boxes to stop though I'm writing, dropdown menus, and stop automatic search box with the mouse on the blue and all the options in the Firefox menu is not above or mouse work. The only option that works is to go to safe mode or exit. When I go to safe mode reloads and everything works fine.

Re: Firefox 6 freezing but works on safe mode

Freezing may be due to the virus and so therefore I would like to suggest you to make scan through the antivirus and after that let me know the issue. if your system infected by the virus then your system will freeze while opening the any program and so therefore I would like to suggest you to make scan on your system.

Try to update the all Java plug-in on your system and after that you’re able to solve the issue. Most time Firefox hangs up due to the Java plug-in and so therefore I would like to suggest you to make updated the JAVA plug-in on your system and after that let me know the issue. To updated the plug-in launch the Firefox and after that make click on the tools and after that click on the add-ons. Now on the add-ons windows click on the plug in section and after that make click on the find updated. Now after some time you will get the updated and then install it on your system and after that restart the browser and then let me know the issue.

Try to disable the extension on your Mozilla Firefox. To determine if a faulty extension is causing your problem, you can disable all installed extensions:
    1. Open the Firefox and Select on the Tools menu, and choose Add-ons. The Add-ons window will open.
    2. In the Add-ons window, choose the Extensions panel.
    3. Select the name of an extension in the list to choose it.
    4. Select Disable to disable the chosen extension.
    5. Do again this for every of the extra extensions in the directory.
    6. Select Restart Firefox.

If an extension is causing the problem, there may be an update available that will fix it:
    1. launch the Mozilla Firefox and after that select the Tools menu and then select Add-ons.
    2. Tabwindow in Manager, choose the Extensions section.
    3. Select Check for Updates button.
    4. If updates are found, installation, select Install updates.
    5. When installation is complete, select to Restart Firefox

May be you need to run the firefox on the compatibility mode and then you’re able to solve the issue. To run the Firefox on compatibility mode you need to get through the below steps: first make Right-click the shortcut icon of the Firefox and after that selects the properties. Now on the properties go to the compatibility tab and after that make click on the Run this program in compatibility mode and after that select the Windows 98/Windows ME on drop down box and after that click on the ok button and then reboot the system.

The final solution is to reinstalling the firefox again. So I would like to suggest you to make reinstall the firefox and after that you can get rid the issue.