Thread: Java 6.0.26 gets disabled after installing firefox 6

Java 6.0.26 gets disabled after installing firefox 6

I have recently upgraded my browser with Mozilla Firefox 6 and after installing Mozilla Firefox 6 it has disabled Java 6.0.26 add on. Before upgrading the Mozilla Firefox I was not having this problem and Java 6.0.26 was enabled with previous version. If anyone has any idea about how to solve this issue then please help me. Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Java 6.0.26 gets disabled after installing firefox 6

You are facing this problem because the Java 6.0.26 add on is not currently compatible with Mozilla Firefox 6 and you have to wait for the JAVA update. With next update of the java add on you will be able to use it with Firefox 6. You have to check regularly for the add-on update on Firefox official website.

There is a add-on for the Mozilla Firefox called "Add-on Compatibility Reporter" which will notify you regularly for the latest available update for your add-on. Install it in your browser and whenever java will release the update at that time you will came to know about that. if you want to install the "Add-on Compatibility Reporter" in your browser then you can install it by clicking here DOWNLOAD. I hope this information will be helpful to you.

If you are any developer or something and it is necessary to use the java add on In your browser then I think you should switch back to the old version of the Mozilla Firefox and wait till java will update the add on for the Firefox 6. You can easily download the previous version of the Firefox from internet. When java will update the add-on for Firefox 6 at that time install the Firefox 6.

As you have mentioned I have to wait for the java add on update in your above post and after reading that I have decided to install "Add-on Compatibility Reporter" in my browse and after that I have installed "Add-on Compatibility Reporter" from your give link. Now I will install java add-on when its update will available. Thank you for helping me.