Thread: Cannot use search bar in Firefox 6

Cannot use search bar in Firefox 6

I have recently upgraded my Mozilla Firefox browser from Mozilla Firefox 5 to Mozilla Firefox 6. Now after upgrading the browser I am facing some annoying problem with my search bar. Now whenever I type anything in my search box and after that when I hit enter key at that time it does nothing. Now please tell me how to fix this issue. is there anything wrong with my browser or something else I causing this issue.

Re: Cannot use search bar in Firefox 6

I am aware of this problem and sometimes browser lost the search engine path and that is why when you type anything and click on the search at that time it does nothing. To solve this issue you have to click on the search engine option button which you can find at that start of the search bar and after that select any other search engine and then after some seconds you have to select the search engine which you want to use and after doing that you will be able to use the search bar in your browser.

If the above idea does not help you to solve this issue then I think you are facing this problem because the search.sqlite is corrupted. If you want to solve this issue then you have to delete the search.sqlite from the profile folder and after that start the browser again and then problem will get solved.

I have read your replies and after referring that I have tried to solve this issue by changing the search engine in from my search bar in Mozilla Firefox browser and after doing that also I was getting the same problem with my search bar. Now after that I have also tried to solve this issue by deleting the search.sqlite file from the profile folder and I have check in my program files folder but it was not there. Now please tell me where I can find the profile folder?

If you are not able to find the profile folder in your computer then you have to first open the my computer and after that you have to open the user folder from C drive and then you have click on the user folder and then you will see the application data folder in which there is a Mozilla folder and there you will get the profile folder. Now delete the search.sqlite file.

If after deleting the search.sqlite file also problem still remains then I think you should try to solve this issue by removing the Mozilla Firefox 6 from your computer and after that installing it again in your computer. After doing that problem will get solved.

Well as I have followed the same procedure which you have mentioned in your reply for deleting search.sqlite file and after deleting the search.sqlite file when I start the Firefox again and tired to use the search bar at that time I didn’t get any issue and now I am not facing any issues while using search bar. Thank you for helping me.