Thread: How to avoid automatic filling of username and password of Gmail in firefox 6 ?

How to avoid automatic filling of username and password of Gmail in firefox 6 ?

Hi, I am using firefox 6 that I have downloaded some days ago only but as the browser is new I am not getting the settings through which we can avoid the automatic information filling, information such as username and the password of some important websites including Gmail as well, so is there any way through which we can simply stop the browser for remembering the password? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: How to avoid automatic filling of username and password of Gmail in firefox 6 ?

Off course you can do this but for that you need to make some settings in the browser for sure, as I am not sure about the firefox 6 because the thing is like I haven’t used it ever yet, but still I am sure about the firefox 5 and in this version there is settings through which we can do this for sure. In the version 5 we need to uncheck the option for auto remembering the password so that whenever next time we login the browser will not prompt for storing the username and password as well.

Re: How to avoid automatic filling of username and password of Gmail in firefox 6 ?

I am agree with the above user and through this way we can make the browser run the way we want, but the problem with the firefox 5 is like we need to check and uncheck the option each and every time for the website we don’t want to save or save. There isn’t any way through which we can make a list of the web sites for which we don’t want the browser to remember the password and for other websites it should be remembered.

thanks for the suggestion guys and let me tell you that there isn’t much more difference in the newer version, in fact I am not able to find out any difference in the browser but still the settings are also same, but the thing that made me confused is like as the browser has already remember the password and though I uncheck the option it is been straightly redirected to my account, so what about the websites whose information is already stored in the history or whatever it suppose to be called, how to delete them?

Dude this is too simple as you don’t have to delete any such history or the cache rather it is stored already thus simply you have to log out first from whichever account you are accessing and then try to log in again so that the browser will not prompt you if you have uncheck the option and the if you have already check then you may get the prompt for storing the password, so at that time you have to decline that, so easy.