Thread: Use of hardware accell in Linux to improve performance of Firefox 6/7

Use of hardware accell in Linux to improve performance of Firefox 6/7

I have seen that there is a huge issue when we use Firefox both 6th and the 7th version in the linux. When I enable the layers in any of them then I can see that the performance is quite horrible and you will not belive that some of the web pages do not open at all. also the animations are quite freaky and even the scrolling is not smooth at all. will hw accel be ever usable in linux? That’s what the question that I would like to ask to you all, I am running ubuntu 11 then also I get to see such kind of issues, can you all please tell me some fixes for the issues like these. Please do suggest me some solutiosn for it as soon as possible. I am waiting for the necessary help from you all.

Re: Use of hardware accell in Linux to improve performance of Firefox 6/7

Yes there is a particular feature named as OpenGL layers which has not been completely developed yet. So what I would advise you is that wait for sometime till it is completely developed then you will get to see the necessary acceleration that you were looking for. So that’s what I am saying here. now what I am saying is that the acceleration that you are getting is with the help of XRender and getting the speed of loading the pages is pretty much appreciable that’s what I feel. so wait till the OpenGL layers are completely implemented in the browser and then we will make the necessary changes in it. so that’s what I want to say here.

XRender is mostly used with the windows and hence it gives you the accelerated performance. So that’s what I want to say here. well there is no use of the hw accel for the Linux only for the speed browsing speed that you get to see in the firefox browser. Let the necessary layer get developed for that and it will attain the necessary speed that many of them are looking for, so that’s what I wanted to say here. hope you did get the necessary information on the same and in case if there is anything else that you need to know then do let me know about it.

Getting back to the Firefox 5 is a much better option I feel. so what I am saying is that if you did not have any issues with the FF 5 then why move ahead let the FF6 and the FF 7 come with the proper updates and the necessary requirements’ that it need and then only go ahead and give atry for the same otherwise there is no need to go ahead with the game, that’s what I feel here. especially at this stage FF 6 is in the beta stages and while FF 7 is in the aurora stages. So no need to go ahead and have a glimpse at it, that’s what I want to say here.

Why don’t you mail the developers about the same and ask them to implement the same feature. Complain them regard the same and tell them that you are getting a poor performance with the linux and hence what I am saying is that they will give a good look at the suggestion that has been given by you and will try and develop a much better layer especially for the Linux platform, that’s what I feel. so I think that’s a good suggestion to get started with it. so that’s what I am saying here go ahead and have a good look at the same and let me know if there is anything that you can do over here.

Well what I think is that hardware accell should be implemented as soon as possible for the Linux that’s what I feel here. So that’s what I wanted to say here. Also what I am saying is that Linux must get developed and also compete with the windows for a better share I n the market, that’s what I want to say here. so I completely support the idea of hardware accell that should be used for the Linux, that’s what I feel here.