Thread: always online in facebook chat when using the application on HTC Cha Cha phone.

always online in facebook chat when using the application on HTC Cha Cha phone.

Recently I have purchased HTC Cha Cha phone. I like using internet on the phone. Among many applications that I use on this phone facebook is one of my favorite applications. As I was just going through the forum I felt like posting my query. Whenever I use facebook, even when I chose go offline I am shown online. I am online all the time according to my friends. I can’t understand why I am always shown online. Please tell me some solution regarding how to appear offline in facebook chat. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Re: always online in facebook chat when using the application on HTC Cha Cha phone.

I would suggest you to uninstall the application. After un-installing the facebook, try to install the application back. Search on the internet about uninstalling and installing. I had the same problem and hence I had to do the same. It worked for me. I hope it helps for you too. But if it doesn’t then I think you should update the latest firmware for the mobile.

Re: always online in facebook chat when using the application on HTC Cha Cha phone.

As you have mentioned in the question, according to me I think you can try this task to stay offline in facebook chat when you are really offline. Go to the facebook website, there go to the facebook account option>> go to privacy settings>>applications htc chacha and eliminate the process of accessing facebook chat. This will solve your issue as far as I think.

Make sure that the connection of internet that you are having is proper. You can restart your phone once before using the application. I had the same issue with my HTC cha cha. Then I searched a lot about it on the internet and finally I was told to update the firmware. I downloaded the firmware from the internet and installed it. After that I tried using facebook application on my phone. After installing the application my problem got solved.

I would suggest you to contact your service provider and discuss about this issue. May be your version that you are having is not compatible with the operating system. It could also be some issue of malware infection or viruses. Try to remove the memory card from the phone if you have any. And then try again. Well the simplest thing you must have tried doing but if you haven’t then try clicking on chat and choose go offline before logging off.

How do you log in facebook using phone? As I think you use the application directly by opening the facebook application. I would ask you to see if you can open the application from the google. Go to the google website from your phone, type facebook in the search box and there you type facebook and the results regarding the facebook application will be displayed to you. Try to enter the facebook site by that way. See that it shows you offline when you are offline or no. I hope it works this way. If it works then there is some problem with the application. I think you should also contact the internet service provider to guide you.