Thread: getting blue screen while using Onkyo SR308 and Samsung LE40B541 with HDMI

getting blue screen while using Onkyo SR308 and Samsung LE40B541 with HDMI

Hi guys I am new to the things I just want to ask that I have my Samsung LE40B541 TV which I want to connect to the Onkyo SR308 but didn’t find working with it. I just see a blue screen in front of me. It definitely doesn’t work for it. The strangest part is that I do get sound out of my speakers, and my TV even switches to the correct resolution and receiver but nothing on screen but a bluescreen .Can any one suggest what would be the problems and what will be the way to sort out these things. Please guys help me out,

Re: getting blue screen while using Onkyo SR308 and Samsung LE40B541 with HDMI

I have a questions with you I mean at what resolutions you are sending to the receiver, and another questions does even the receiver supportsthe 1080pixels which you about to send to the receiver.Have you tried to sending through the resolutions of 1080i or 120pixels .Try to give these answer as possible so that I can sort out the things quickly.waiting for the quick replay. Thank you.

Thanks for the quick replay .I wasn’t thought a quick replay.The point is that I even tried all the combinations for these. I have tried various combinations such as 720x480; 720x576; 1280x720; 1920x1080; 50 & 60hz; Interlaced & Progressive for signal output but nothinh=g seems working for me.I cant tell you about lesser resolutions but surely tell that I have certain the receiver supports 1080p and even its works with another screen. Thing might help you to sort out the things. Still waiting for the answer. Thank you.

I am pretty much not sure that you have heard about HDMI resources. The things have is that Assign the correct HDMI input. Tried to pin the Audio TV out in setting.Try to HDFI control as on or off either one I selective .turn on the power control if in setting the HDMI input is on same for the off. Please make out the setting and do the needful.This will definitely works out.Try to solve it.

Hello,

This comes as a late answer to your question, and is not even a solution... What I can do is confirm that I also have problem with same combination of Samsung LE40B541 TV and Onkyo SR308 receiver.
    I have the exact same problem as yours, TV switches to the correct resolution, sound plays on the speakers... but only a blue screen shows.
    What is even worse, if I unplug my source from the HDMI then the overlay from the amp shows perfectly on the TV set (but it doesn't work with the source pluggeg in, go figure!)

I really tried all possible configuration combination and these two simply don't want to work well with each other.

A simple dumb test :
    Plug my HMDI LG monitor to the ONkyo: works perfect;
    replace by Samsung : blue screen
    Plug LG back in : works great

(I know, were're not supposed to hot plug HDMI cables like this and turn off all power supplies before we do any changes on the cabling but come one, who really cares about this kind of crap, hdmi is simply a BIG mess!)

My hint woud be a crappy implementation of the hdmi standard by one of the components (either source, repeater - Amp or Sink - TV), or even all of them... But good luck getting a firmware upgrade from samsung!
    I had gave up and connected the Amp to my source with SPdif for audio and HDMI from the source to the TV only, but that simply nullifies the idea of having a audio-VIDEO amp...

Anyway if you found a solution, I would like to hear it...

Good luck to you