Thread: Firefox force to install extension with Firefox 7 add-on

Firefox force to install extension with Firefox 7 add-on

Hello guys, I want to install the FF7 add-on on the Firefox right now, but I am trying to install it to use the FF in general for my use only. It asks me to install more two extensions to work with the FF7. I want to use the FF7 without the 2 extensions. It told me to install the Tabhunter 1.0.2 and the SwiftTabs 0.3.7.0. I have also tried to install the nightly test booster but then also it is not working with it. I also try to turn off the compatibility check in the about: config (Configuration) and also add one more line in that; extension.checkcompatibility.nightly and set it to false but still it did not work. Is there any idea or suggestion to install the 2 extension? Thank You.

re: Firefox force to install extension with Firefox 7 add-on

Yes it ask when you try to install the FF7 add-on, the extra line which you added in the about: config, the extensions.checkcompatibility.nightly , just type the compatibility with the capital ā€˜Cā€™. Then the nightly will give the effect and it gets build not the Aurora builds. You should use the extensions.checkCompatibility.7.0a. But I think that also it will not work, as after some weeks or some days the new Firefox will launch such that the Firefox 8. So for that you might need to install or to add the extensions.checkCompatibility.8.0a. You better try this, if it work then please let me know.

My friend, extensions.checkCompatibility.nightly is mainly use for the Nightly channel where the 8.0a1 is been currently on. Where the Aurora channel is the 7.0a2 is currently still on and will be there on extensions.checkCompatibility.7.0a till the time it moves to the Beta channels as 7.0b1 and the 8.0a1 moves from Nightly to Aurora channels as the 8.0a2 and 6.0b5 will be moving to the beta, it is planning to releases these channels. Below are list of preference which you can add in the about: config:
    extensions.checkCompatibility.nightly = Nightly channel regardless of version on it at time.
    extensions.checkCompatibility.X.0a = Aurora channel
    extensions.checkCompatibility.X.0b = Beta channel
    The ā€˜Xā€™ word mentions in the above line, it is the version number of the channel which will be present at that time.

When you are adding the preferences in the about: config, do you try to restart the Firefox browser. Whenever you add any new preference then you should try to restart the Firefox browser again, as it takes time to install and it give effects after the restart. The preferences always give effect after a one or two restart of the Firefox Browser. I just think in that way, as when I add preference I always make it restart twice so that it can give the effect and I can use it properly. You also try it once then check it might work for you.

If you are planning to add the two extension to the end of the extensions.checkCompatibility.7.0a, well it might not work for you as a is the Alpha channel where is the b is the beta channel. Actually there are 5 types of beta channel for the Firefox browser 6.0 for example and it would make more complicated thing to be more specific about those. I also advice to install the preference and then restart the Firefox browser, when the Firefox restarted then try to install the extension to it.

Thank you friends, for all your suggestion and advice which you people have given to me. I have tried some of suggestion and also will go according the advice as per you replied. It will be great if it work without adding those two extensions on to the browser. I just can wait to work on the FF7 add-on, as I am very much liking it and many of my friends have install that but it was giving this error to me. The friends have done it and also using. Thank you once again.