Thread: How to link my Gmail account with android market

How to link my Gmail account with android market

Yesterday, I found some strange problem with Android market. Actually, when I was downloading the apps for planet rock from the android market then it showed me the error message that there is no device related with this account. I tried to do that many of the times but all the times it showed me the same thing. Can you tell me that from where I will be able to load my gmail account on google. I really have no idea about that.

re: How to link my Gmail account with android market

If you remember then, while setting up your Android device, you must have been asked to enter the email ID into that. That was nothing but the primary account and this is required when you want to download the apps from the android market. So you should try by downloading the programs with that ID. If you use your primary account to download the apps then you will never have problem with that.

If you want to change that then you will have to go to the Settings > Applications > Manage applications and from there open the Google Apps entry. There, you will see one of the options as 'Clear data', click on that and then press OK. If you do that then it will remove the google account information. Now to enter the new account information, you will have to go to the Settings > Data synchronization > Google and there it will show you the set up dialogue. Here, you will just have to enter the account detail and you are done with that.

If none of the solutions helps you then you can go for the factory reset of the phone. When you do that then it will ask you for the email ID. You will have to provide the email ID that you wish to use primary account and press OK. Once the reset get completed then you can use the same ID to download any of the app from the android market. I am sure that this time you will not get that problem again.

Here are the steps that you will have to try in order to link the gmail account with the android market.
    1. Just go to menu > settings > applications > manage applications.
    2. There, just scroll down and then click on the "Google Apps".
    3. You will see the "Clear data" button there. Click on that and if that shows you warning then click on OK.
    4. Now go to home screen.
    5. Click on the notification menu and after that click on "Your account must be updated"
    6. Now just follow the onscreen instructions and then click on "sign in" and enter your newly created account info.

Re: How to link my Gmail account with android market

I don't have "Google Apps" either. At the same time likely you quip that the just alternate game plan to update records is to uninstall each application downloaded in the record being utilized. Then after that you need to erase the record? In the event that you do that then you will lose your message / timetable set-up. It is a great enough pain to gain trade send and schedules as it is without needing to erase the record and begin over. What am I absent here?